2000 Wurlitzer Selects then Wont Play - HELP!!

geschrieben von - posted by PaulB 
2000 Wurlitzer Selects then Wont Play - HELP!!
22.07.18 19:04
Dear Experts

I've had this machine a couple of months and its been faultless, yesterday we had a party and the machine was left on several hours while we were in the garden taking advantage of the glorious weather!

So - whilst the amplifier was not running perhaps something got overheated, the symptoms are that selection mechanism works perfectly and a normal audible click occurs then when the turntable normally starts to turn nothing happens. It is set so it does not need coins.

I hope someone can point me at what to look at or test - I'm an engineer and have the workshop manual but not really the time to read it end to end!!

Thanks in advance for any help and time spending replying to me.

Best Wishes!
Re: 2000 Wurlitzer Selects then Wont Play - HELP!!
23.07.18 13:10
Hello PaulB

Obviously the override relay (in the amplifier) is not switched on. It should always be activated when at least one latch pin is released. First, you should check if the selection was successful and a latch pin was actually released. If not, the problem is in the selection system. Cause of error could be a blown fuse on the junction box.

If latch pins are released and the mechanism is not working, then you should be looking at the override switches, the override relay or the wiring in between.

Best regards - charly49
23.07.18 18:25
Hi Charly49

Many many thanks - I had the confidence to open it up and have a look and sure enough the 0.8A Fusetron fuse is blown - first thing is to get one and see if it was a one off / old fuse or its protecting a problem, thanks again.
Paul
12.08.18 11:19
Yes the fuse sorted this out and its played for hours without fault, thanks!
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in