Help me fix my 1963 Nsm serenade stereo magic

geschrieben von - posted by Roadoilers 
Help me fix my 1963 Nsm serenade stereo magic
20.05.18 18:34
Hi everyone, I'm a new member from Kent, England. Requesting help from members to get my 1963 NSM serename stereo magic playing again.
I purchased it two years ago and it never let me down.
I recently moved house and now it won't play, I will run through the issues.
Prior to moving the jukebox I opened the rear door and screwed up the two wing nuts, then transported the jukebox installed in new house and unscrewed the two wing nuts.

I went and made some selections, the first few selections played okay, but then there was a loud buzz as I made a selection, and now the carriage is stuck on the right hade side of the track and it will not move.
There is no record in the carraige at the moment.
The rear machine reject button does nothing.
The carriage move button inside the cabinet does make a vertical spindle spin and the disc plate spins as do both belts, but no cogs turn.
I have to flip the brass plate back by hand to stop this spindle movement once I release the button.
The carraige itself is almost and the end of the track on the right hade side, if I try to select a record where it sits the left arm rises to accept the selection, the brass pin stays up, but the right arm makes a loud buzz and clicks a solended without confirming a selection, the brass pon does not stay up.
I hope this is an reasonable explanation of the problem and I could supply more info if you think you could help.
Re: Help me fix my 1963 Nsm serenade stereo magic
21.05.18 15:17
Hello ?????
brass plate, vertikal spindle, right arm, brass pin, cogs turn ????
Your problem descriptions are not easy to understand.
Shoot a sharp picture and mark all items you are talking about, might help understandig your problems.
Regards PitinWHV.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.05.18 15:21.
21.05.18 16:16
pitinwhv
Hello ?????
brass plate, vertikal spindle, right arm, brass pin, cogs turn ????
Your problem descriptions are not easy to understand.
Shoot a sharp picture and mark all items you are talking about, might help understandig your problems.
Regards PitinWHV.

Hi thanks for your reply, I removed the carraige and took some pics
pic 1 shows the carriage return button and the brass plate
Pic 2 shows the vertical spindle with two cogs below
Pic 3 shows the white cog lthat travels along the back rail to move the carriage .
Apologies for my vague description,

22.05.18 07:34
Hello,
pic2=pic3?
Regards PitinWHV.
22.05.18 14:29
Hello Roadoilers,

I would contact a roving engineer such as Len Beddow, just do a search for Len Beddow jukeboxes and you should find his information.

If he can not sort out your issues then by all means contact myself, but these days I rarely leave the workshop.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
23.05.18 10:35
ami-man
Hello Roadoilers,

I would contact a roving engineer such as Len Beddow, just do a search for Len Beddow jukeboxes and you should find his information.

If he can not sort out your issues then by all means contact myself, but these days I rarely leave the workshop.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Thank Alan
A further development
The lifting army was in the up position withiin the record rack.
I removed the carriage and with it in my hand I went through a play selection cycle till the lifting arm went down
I refitted the carriage and it did manage to play one record but when it got to the end of the track before its return to play another record it stopped and the lifting arm came up again in the rack.
I repeated this twice and now the carriage is removed with the lifting arm up, I can't get it to go down anymore.
Is this a cam problem do you think?
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in