Rock-Ola SYbaris 473

geschrieben von - posted by fcalazzo 
Rock-Ola SYbaris 473
11.03.18 14:49
Dear friends,

we all have a mutual passion if we are registered users of this forum and we browse it.

15 years ago, for my wedding, I was offered a juke-box by an uncle that clearly loves me and knows me well.

Throughout the years I had the small, occasional issue, but it worked fine. I enjoyed and regularly wowed friends and acquaintances.

Over the last few months I have seen clear signs of tear and wear and I decided to take the plunge and have it restored by a professional. I am more of a music collector and scholar, than a juke-box buff per se, and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it by myself.

However, I will follow the proceedings and hope to learn a bit more about the mechanical wonders of these magic boxes. The question I have for you experts out there is about the wear and tear of the discs. As I said, I am more of a music collector and I couldn't help but noticing a serious degradation of the 45s. It's not just the dust (that could be eventually managed) but it has more to do with the fact that the vinyl has a look of being spent by the stylus, which is an original and fresh Shure 44.

Is there anything I can do, in this restoration phase, to have a gentler reading of the vinyls and one that I would feel confident to play some of my rarest titles in?

Any idea worth considering is much appreciated.

Most sincerely,

Francesco
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in