Rockola 1454 Jukebox motor warble

geschrieben von - posted by smt02 
Rockola 1454 Jukebox motor warble
24.02.18 19:52
Hi
I have been having trouble with my turntable motor, it has been worn which I identified as the 2 brass grommets, I have changed the grommets and cleaned the motor up as a replacement was £350, the issue I’m having since the rebuild is every record now warbles, this was an issue before but since the rebuild this is far worse.
I noticed the motor has a spacer which slides on the top of the motor armature below the cast top, this is still in place but there is no spacer on the shaft to the bottom of the armature, I’m wondering if I’ve lost this one which could be the issue, other than that I’m lost, the turntable rubber grommets are new and all else appears fine but the motor is vibrating which is causing the warble
Any ideas
Regards Andy
Re: Rockola 1454 Jukebox motor warble
26.02.18 18:38
Hello Andy

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. You write about 2 brass grommets. There are no brass grommets, but 3 rubber grommets. In these rubbers are brass sleeves that prevent the rubber grommets from being too much squeezed. Look at this [www.jukebox-world.de] .

It is normal for the motor to vibrate, but the vibrations must not be transmitted to the mounting plate. If the rubber grommets and spacer rollers are properly mounted, the vibrations will not be audible either.

No spacer is needed on the underside of the armature.

Best regards - charly49
Re: Rockola 1454 Jukebox motor warble
26.02.18 20:26
Hi Charlie
Sorry must have not made it very clear, the brass bushes have been replaced on either side of the armature, these items are sold on this site, they are pressed into the top and bottom castings either end of the armature.
I replaced these items due to warbleing on some records, I have found that since replacement I have been getting more warbling but the armature has less play, there is a brass sleeve which is situated on the shaft of the armature between the top casting and armature, but I was wondering if there should be a spacer on the bottom as well.
Anyway things have moved on, I have now fitted a 2mm brass washer on top of the spring steel retention plate holding the bottom bush in, this has had the desired effect of stopping the warbling
All appears to be ok now and saved myself a hefty price of a new motor
Regards
Andy
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in