Wurlitzer Lyric M 1964 ; no reaction when pushing selection buttons ; help

geschrieben von - posted by philip5500 
Wurlitzer Lyric M 1964 ; no reaction when pushing selection buttons ; help
21.02.18 13:30
Hello,

My jukebox Wurlitzer Lyric M 1964 fell "death".

The electricity of the lights and the amplifier are working normally (the lightbulbs of the amplifier light up). The amplifier is "humming" like always.

The problem is that there is no reaction when pushing the selection buttons A and B. Also the typical sound when pushing the buttons is gone.

The selection mechanism fell "death" when a family member held the B button pushed down just until the lifting arm would push the record up. At that moment the whole selection mechanism "freezed". The reset button has no effect.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Philip
Re: Wurlitzer Lyric M 1964 ; no reaction when pushing selection buttons ; help
22.02.18 08:28
Perhaps your savety switch is aktivated . Or you have more than one problem on your machine . Does your TT motor run ? What happens when you setting a selection pin by hand ?
22.02.18 16:21
Thank you for your help.

I have a service manual but I can't find what the TT motor is. Also can you help me and tell me how you can make a selection by hand?

I guess this is a sort of test run?

Already thank you.
22.02.18 16:40
Hello P,
TT means turntable Motor.
Selection by Hand means push a selection pin with your finger and watch what is or what is not happening.
Regards PitinWHV

philip5500
Thank you for your help.

I have a service manual but I can't find what the TT motor is. Also can you help me and tell me how you can make a selection by hand?

I guess this is a sort of test run?

Already thank you.
22.02.18 20:46
Hello,

I did the following: with my finger I pushed one "latch pin" up. Nothing happened.

Must the turntable motor start automatically when a "latch pin" is pushed up? Or do I have to do something else to test the TT motor?

Kind regards and again thank you.
23.02.18 08:43
Hello P,
remember Swen? "Perhaps your safety switch is activated".
Regards PitinWHV.
23.02.18 12:10
Hello Swen en Pit,

Thank you for your help. In my service manual the safety switch is mentioned when you "turn" the record plate towards one side. When I do that I can clearly hear the typical "click" when I "turn" the record plate back in place. I think that the safety switch there is working normally. But I can't see the switch because the record belt is placed before it. Is it a "on and off" switch?

Do you mean this safety switch or do you mean another (general) one?

Thanks for your further reply.

Kind regards

Philip
23.02.18 14:12
Hello P,
unfortunately I do not have a Lyric, so Swen has to go further in detail,
Regards PitinWHV.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 23.02.18 14:13.
23.02.18 16:04
Ich schreib das mal auf Deutsch weil mir das sonst echt zuviel Arbeit ist mit der Übersetzung . Es gibt für diese Lyric Baureihe mehrere gültige Schaltpläne . Um genau sagen zu können was wie funktioniert braucht man die Seriennummer . Da sich aber weder der Plattenteller dreht , noch eine Wahl machen lässt und auch eine Handauslösung eines Pins keine Reaktion hervor ruft vermute ich eine Box zwischen 2070001 und 2103073 . In dem Fall tippe ich auf eine defekte 6 A Sicherung im Netzteil . Kann gut sein das der Selengleichrichter an der Maschine gestorben ist und die mitgenommen hat .
23.02.18 19:21
Hello P,
hopefully your German is much better than my English, if not, here is in short Swen's diagnosis.
Check the 6A fuse at the power supply section, if blown, replace. If it blows again,
Check the Selenium rectifier at the power supply section.
Regards PitinWHV.
25.02.18 14:14
Hello Swen and Pit,

Thank you very much to the both of you. After long reading yesterday in the service manual I found out that the power supply station = valve-amplifier.

Then I saw in the manual that on the right (upperside) there is a "fuse holder". I unscrewed the holder and replaced the fuse but that didn't solve the problem (the original fuse didn't show the wire inside ; it is "painted" white inside).

Just about the time I was going to give up I saw accidentally in my jukebox 2 other fuse holders on the rear left side of the valve-amplifier. I hadn't noticed these other fuse holders on the figure in my service manual (my own dumb mistake).

I unscrewed the first one and BINGO the wire in the fuse was snapped (the other one was ok). I replaced it and ... my jukebox is working again.

Thanks to you ; I would never have found the problem on my own.

I wish the both of you the best (with Gene Vincent's Be-Bop-A-Lula on the background at this moment). Herzlichen Dank!

Philip
25.02.18 17:06
Hello P,
congratulations and thanks for Feedback.
Regards PitinWHV.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in