Seeburg V200 repeats records

geschrieben von - posted by Sabel 
Seeburg V200 repeats records
09.10.17 10:29
Hi all,
My Seeburg V200 has been playing perfectly for years but lately it keeps repeating the records. Most of the times it repeats the records 3 or 4 times. Sometimes though it just plays a record once as it should. So it varies.

I took a close look at the mech when the record is put back in the magazine. All records are picked en played fine. When the record is finished the clutch engages alle the way up (so, clutch seems fine) in the transfer mode and the record is put back in the mag. The safely pawl opens all the way (so isn't stuck). When the mech should shift to scan mode it doesn't but reverses it actions. So the same record is picked again from the magazine, safety plunger closes again and record is played again.

So right at the moment the cycle is finished (record back in magazine and safety plunger open) the clutch is not put in scan mode but picks same record again.

I lubricated most of the mech and cleaned the tormat contacts (I thought maybe a write-out issue)

Any ideas on where of what to check?
Re: Seeburg V200 repeats records
10.10.17 11:08
Hello Sabel

First, you should check whether the Release Lever returns to the rest position while the record is being moved back. Then you should observe whether the trip solenoid is actuated again. If it is actuated again, I would suspect that the Thyratron 2D21 (if you have a TSR1) or 2050 (if you have a TSR3) is short-circuited. An error in the TSR or in the impulse amplifier, which causes the thyratron to be triggered again, would also be possible.

Best regards - charly49
11.10.17 07:11
Hi Charly49,
Thank you for your reply and tips!

I checked the Release Lever and indeed it does NOT return to the rest position when the record is played again. Sometimes it does return correctly and then the record is not played again and all is good.
Anyway, the lever does nog return completely and the fransfer cycles begins again with the same record. The Trip Solenoid is NOT actuated again, so that not the reason the lever moves back up again.
So it seems to me it's a mechanical issue and not electric (although I do have some spare 2D21's for my TRS1). It looks like the roller is not engaging correctly into the notch of the clutch cam, correct?

So I think I need to check on the rear of the mechanism what's going on there. Maybe it's just lubrication / adjustments. Or is this typically a sign of worn parts?
11.10.17 23:16
Hello Sabel

I think you are right. Probably one of the levers is sticky. You can try to lubricate all bearings of the levers. It takes some time, however, until the oil dissolves the resinous lubrication points.

It would be better, of course, to dismantle the carriage. However, this is not an easy job and you need a service manual to make all the necessary settings.

Best regards - charly49
12.10.17 08:29
Hello Charly,

Thanks again. I'll dismantle the mech. Take out the record magazine. I've done this before a couple of yrs ago when I also had problems with the clutch itself and the detent switch was broken off one time. I do have the manual and can manage this. It's just a lot of work.
I'll let you know how it turn out
18.10.17 10:33
Oh how I hate working on the seeburg mechs.... :(
I took out the clutch. Nothing was stuck. Checked all the arms and rollers. Then lubricated everything. Cams, rollers, levers, axles, everything.
Put I all together again and followed the manual to do some adjustments.

Unfortunately the problem is still here. It still repeats records. But not always.
18.10.17 20:41
Hello Sabel

Have you ever tried to push the release lever down, while the record is put back? Perhaps you can watch where it hangs.

Best regards - charly49
23.10.17 09:12
charly49
Hello Sabel

Have you ever tried to push the release lever down, while the record is put back? Perhaps you can watch where it hangs.

Best regards - charly49

Thanks Charly,
I didn't take the release lever completely off but lubricated it from te outside. I think the oil needed some time to pentrate very well onto the turning point. Because now the lever comes down much firmer and not kind of 'floating' like before. The v200 seems to play good now. No repeating so far but I've done only about 10 records. So it needs some further testing but things look good. So a lot of unnecessary work on the rear of the carriage but that the way it goes.

Maybe I might yet take the lever off one time to do it 100% right.
Thanks again!

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 23.10.17 09:13.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in