Wurlizer 4008 Lighted Speaker

geschrieben von - posted by amilon 
Wurlizer 4008 Lighted Speaker
19.02.17 16:24
Hello,
This is my first post here on this forum. I’m hoping some of you might be able to help me. I have a Wurlitzer 4008 speaker replica and I need to change the light bulbs in the center hub. It seems there is no way to get at those bulbs without taking the whole thing apart. Surely there must be a simple way to change the bulbs??? I really don't want to take it all apart if I don’t have to.

Any help will be appreciated. I have already removed the cover and trying to understand how to get at the 2 bulbs in the rotating center hub.

Thanks!
Tony

Re: Wurlizer 4008 Lighted Speaker
19.02.17 16:37
Hello,
This is my first post here on this forum. I’m hoping some of you might be able to help me. I have a Wurlitzer 4008 speaker replica and I need to change the light bulbs in the center hub. It seems there is no way to get at those bulbs without taking the whole thing apart. Surely there must be a simple way to change the bulbs??? I really don't want to take it all apart if I don’t have to.

Any help will be appreciated. I have already removed the cover and trying to understand how to get at the 2 bulbs in the rotating center hub.

Thanks!
Tony

19.02.17 17:59
Hello Tony

On my original 4008 you can screw off the center hub.

I don`t know which direction your center hub is turning in normal operation but if this direction is clockwise, you can unscrew the center hub in counterclockwise direction to change the ligt bulbs under the center hub.
If you take off the color sheet from the center hub, you can hold the drive axle with a tool to unscrew the unit.

Best wishes Axel

19.02.17 18:05
Axel,
Thank you!!! I will try this later today and let you know how I do.

Is there a way to take off the color sheet from the center hub? I think I would have to separate it at the seam and then glue it back together? I am hesitant to do that because I’m not sure I can get it back together without making a mess of it.

Thanks again!
Tony
19.02.17 18:20
Hello Tony

I don`t know which way the color sheet is mounted to the center hub on a 4008 repro speaker, but on my original it is "snapped on" with small metal parts, which are called in the USA "pop fasteners".

On the attached picture, you can see one "pop fastener" on the lower rim of the center hub

Best wishes Axel

20.02.17 04:01
Hello Axel,

I just wanted to let you know I was able to unscrew the hub exactly as you described. It worked! Yay! smiling smiley

Thank you so much!

Greetings to all from Florida!

Tony
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in