NSM Jukebox phono cartridge

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
NSM Jukebox phono cartridge
27.08.13 14:41
Hi
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for the phono cartridge Shure M17 cm used in the nsm festival, city and prestige or where you could actually get an exact replacement, seem to be difficult to find
regards
seancalla

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 27.08.13 14:42.
Re: NSM Jukebox phono cartridge
28.08.13 11:06
Hi
Does anyone have any ideas
regards
seancalla
28.08.13 18:06
Hi,
There is no substitute for that sound head (phono catridge) of NSM!!!!!
regards Ronny
28.08.13 19:42
Thanks for the reply what are the options, can the entire tonearm be changed?
regards
seancalla
28.08.13 22:27
Hello seancalla

Why do you need a new cartridge? Is it mechanically damaged or missing it? Magnetic pickups are - in contrast to crystal or ceramic - rarely defective. Most of the problems are caused by the pickup wiring. The tonearm wire can be replaced. [ssl.kundenserver.de]

Best regards - charly49
29.08.13 08:35
Hallo

@ charly49

Bei diesen Shure Systemen, die speziell für NSM gefertigt wurden, fällt häufig ein Kanal aus, manchmal auch beide.
In NSM-Kreisen ist das Problem bestens bekannt. Die Fehlerquelle habe ich bereits gefunden. Nun bin am Tüfteln für eine Reparaturlösung.

siehe als Beispiel auch: [www.jbw-forum.de]

@ seancalla

Is the signal of one channel (or both) of the cartridge missing? This is a common problem of these Shure cartridges!
I'm working on a solution to fix it.

Solution for the moment:
There are a few NOS cartridges available, but as you can think - they are not cheap!

Kind regards
Roland

29.08.13 09:18
@charly49, the cartridge is not visibly damaged, i i have tried a new tone arm cable bypassing the carriage pcb, but i get the same very loud hum using the existing shure cartridge
@empress200 the sound is missing from both channels, where are the cartridges available from or can an existing one be repaired

In summary, the loud hum with barely audible music is present when the shure cartridge and existing tone arm wire is used.
This is also the case when i use tone arm wire bypassing the carriage pcb and the shire cartridge. As a quick test i connected the tone arm wire to a P-132 cartridge, the hum goes and when i held it up against the record on the turntable the sound is clear
regards
seancalla
29.08.13 10:09
Hello seancalla,

just check with an Ohm-meter if both coils inside the cartridge are ok. Any value close to 1300 Ohm is ok.

Theoretically a late style Seeburg cartridge can be used but it's probably not easy to get that mounted on a NSM.

You should find a good used cartridge if you place a wanted ad in our online market. Just make sure the seller has tested it before.
These catridges sell between EUR 50 and 150.

Kind regards - Oliver Stamann
29.08.13 22:21
Hi
I managed to secure a cartridge from a machine that is being parted out, and hum is now gone
thanks everyone for their contributions
regards
seancalla
27.08.21 22:09
Hi
Does anyone have a m17cm shure cartridge for sale please?
Regards
Glyn
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in