Rockola 1765 stepper/receiver

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
Rockola 1765 stepper/receiver
30.05.13 15:44
Hi
Going to use this stepper with a rockola 343 and wallbox 503, connected it all up. make a selection but the same record keeps being picked, i notice that the white gears are not moving on the stepper itself, what way can this be rectified#
regards
seancalla
Re: Rockola 1765 stepper/receiver
30.05.13 19:54
Hi
i presume that the plastic white coloured gears are cracked, are they difficult to dismantle, or if anyone has done this before can they give me a few pointers
regards
seancalla
31.05.13 07:28

Hi seancalla,

RO 343 ?! There's no model like this. Do you mean 443? Then you have to use the Stepper 1767 or even 1765 with an adapter.

In general the white plastic gears are very often cracked but its not so difficult to fix the problem. You can disassemble the letter and number stepper and pull out the gears. They have to be sanded down to its original size. Put them back and you are done smiling smiley
There's also a guy in the netherlands who sells new gears but the sanding down method is OK.

You have to be careful with the little hexagonal screw at the stepper axis. This little thing is fixed with a drop of paint and you should use a tool that fits exactly! I myself use a little screwdriver which I grind so that the tip fits exactly to the screw.

Eric
31.05.13 08:50
Sorry, i mistyped it, its a rockola 434 and stepper 1765, to disassemble - does the whole thing need to be dismantle, just want to avoid taking anything apart that i dont' need to, also when sanded should the plastic gears move freely by hand
regards
seancalla
31.05.13 10:01

OK, 434 and 1765 Stepper should match together.

You have to put off the contact blocks containing the wiper arms by loosen the screws besides the contact coils (I think 3 on each block) after that loosen the four nuts of the contact plate both on the number stepper and on the letter stepper side. Then the two little screws of the contact wiper in the center of the contact plate and the bevorementioned hexagonal screws on the axis. After that, you should be able to pull out the gears.

After sanding they should move easily by hand.

I put the gears into an electric screwdriver and let it grate at a sandpaper until the radius is OK.

Eric
31.05.13 10:51
OK thanks for your help
regards
seancalla
01.06.13 18:50
Hi
i have sanded and assembled one, and it now moves freely by hand, should it spring back into position after moving it
regards
seancalla
02.06.13 08:32
Hi, yes it should.
You will have to give tension to the springs on the axis so that they can pull the levers back to the starting position.

Best regards

Kai
02.06.13 14:35
thanks for the advice, its a difficult item to work at
regards
seancalla
06.06.13 15:04
Hi
I finally dismantled the item and as expected the white gear was cracked, i sanded it down and reassembled the unit. Now when i select on the wallbox, i can see the 1765 receiver carrying out the stepping action, however on rare occasions it will select a record, most times the write in arm will circle around the wobble plate but will not select a pin, other times the current limiting light will flash but no pin will be selected. Even more peculiar the selection on the main jukebox keyboard will not work when the wallbox is attached, any ideas what to check
regards
seancalla
06.06.13 19:40
Just as an add on, i seem to be able to select A1 to .....J1 and A2 to....J2 but this occurs on the A9 to J9 page and A0 to...J0 page, the other pages mostly dont' select but sometimes a selection will work but it will always be from A1 to J1 and A2 to J2, any reason why this happens or what cabn be done to rectify this
regards
seancall
Cle
07.06.13 06:24
Hello seancall,

I only read the thread quickly, so I might have missed something, but you might want to thoroughly clean the jones plugs on the stepper (especially the pins).

The keyboard is looped through the stepper, so if one connection does not have continuity certain selections from the keyboard will not work.
The same goes for the selections from the stepper. If they do not make it to the selection wheel, the read out arm will cycle infinitely.

Regards
Clemens
07.06.13 06:45
Hi seancall,

the letter stepper wiper arm and also the number stepper wiper arm will both start at the second contact at the contact plate. Make sure that they hit the contacts exactly step by step.

If the selection on the main jukebox will not work when the stepper is connected, you have a connection problem at a contact block inside the stepper (I think its the middle contact block under the stepper cover). If the stepper is not used, you have to use a jumper plug in the power supply of the jukebox. It would be good if you have the manual of the stepper so you can see which contacts should be closed at the contact block inside the stepper in comparison to the connections in the jumper plug. But it should also be possible to follow the cables by its colour without the manual.

Eric
07.06.13 09:27
thank you both for your advice, will try a few things and see how it goes
regards
seancalla
07.06.13 13:35
Hi
Would anyone have a good photo showing the position of the wiper arms at the letter and number contact plates
regards
seancalla
Cle
07.06.13 15:44
Hello seancalla,

unfortunately I don't have such a photo available, but I think it is not that complicated, after all.
I usually hold the lever down, which locks the ratchet wheel. Then I step the rotating switch all the way up, until it rests in its end position. In this position the arm should be centered on the last rivet. If this is the case, all other positions are fine, as well.

Do not bother about the neutral position of the arm. In this situation the ratchet wheel is not in a defined position, since the lever that locks it is not engaged.

Regards
Clemens
07.06.13 23:53
thanks everyone, i finally got to the problem after plenty of cleaning with contact cleaner, it now will select (although sometimes it will flick two pins e.g. A7,C7), and now the slection on the jukebox will work when the wallbox is connected to it
regards
seancalla
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in