Wurlitzer 1100 dome

geschrieben von - posted by Bo Korposoff 
Wurlitzer 1100 dome
16.11.04 11:32
I have a Wurlitzer 1100 with some scratches on the plastic dome made of Plexiglas. Perhaps anyone know how I could polish the plastic dome to remove the scratches?

Regards

Bo
Re: Wurlitzer 1100 dome
16.11.04 14:56
Hello Bo
The only way to removve scratches is to sand and polish the plexiglass.
A scratch is like a "valley" in a flat "country".
To remove this valley you have to low down the rest of the country.
It is not possible to fill this "valley" with anything.

So take a sanding paper for water use, perhaps a 240 (depends on the depth of the scratch, if the scratch is deep you have to use 120 or 100 or....) and beginn sanding the plexiglass.
That looks terrible, but is has to be sanded......
So you make the plexiglass a little bit more thin, but you remove the scratch "valley".
After sanding with 240 you have to start sanding with 400, than 600, than 800, that polish the surface with hand or machine with a chrom polish.
At the end you should use a plexiglass polish. That brings a perfect look like new.

So I think after some hours you are finished.

I polished the original pilaster plexiglasses of own 1100 for more than 10 days every evening by hand..........nice job........or the plexiglass dome of my swiss Chantal was polishes 14 days, every evening by hand.
But the result is perfect now.

Best wishes Axel
16.11.04 17:24
sorry but you can rent a polishmachine from a cardealer so you need 2 hours. Don`t sanding with
120 beginn only at 400!! for water use otherwise you can buy better a new domeglass at VG in the usa. You can buy for deep scatches a 2K PMMA filler. If you need I will look for the company.
Rainer
17.11.04 12:03
Thank you for all information!

What is 2K PMMA filler? I have just one deep scratch so it would be nice to use a filler but I have newer heard about 2K PMMA. Do you think I can find this product in Sweden?

Best regards

Bo
17.11.04 14:57
Hi Bo
The filler isn´t a 2K it´s only 1K sorry. This is a glue to repaire Plexiglas. The name is ACRIFIX 92 from RÖHM in Germany. I found a swedish warning on the papers, so I think you can buy it also there. If you rent a polishmachine take a slow circleing machine with polishpaste without wax or silikon.
Good luck. Rainer
20.11.04 20:30
Hello Bo,

the adress of the Röhm Company is:

Röhm GmbH Chemische Fabrik
Kirschenallee
D-64293 Darmstadt
Phone 49 (0) 6151-1801
Fax 49 (0) 6151-1802

Those Guys provide a wide range of products around Acrylglass (Plexiglas). I have only the best experience with them. I am sure if you send them a Fax they will tell you where you can get their products in Sweden.

Greetings Claus
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in