Rockola Princess 1493 - more help for Morgan please!

geschrieben von - posted by morganrue 
Rockola Princess 1493 - more help for Morgan please!
24.01.10 20:58
Greetings and best wishes for 2010 especially to - charly49 in Austria for his help last month.

Please excuse again me writing in English....after fixing the 1493 (it stopped rejecting records at the end of the cycle...) by adjusting the three relays at the back of the mech- I now have A NEW FAULT- probably due to messing with the mech last month!

Now, the record drum revolves...and and revolves...revolves...and revolves and never parks in the neutral position. I was so disappointed that I wanted to take it either to an expert, or to a high cliff-edge.

But it's too big to carry out of my loft.. does anyone have any idea why the drum will not stop revolving???????

Hilfen Sie Mir denn!!! Vielen Dank...

Morgan in Luxembourg
Re: Rockola Princess 1493 - more help for Morgan please!
24.01.10 21:30
There's a small microswitch on the top of selector disc, called "wobble plate switch" which is operated by the wobble plate if a selector lever is moved. In parallel to that switch is a second switch, the "home switch", that is operated by the read-out arm. On some machines this switch is missing, instead of it, there's a home wiper on the read out arm an an additional trace on the PCB with just one small open area at the home position. I think that your machine has the home switch. If one of those two switches is operated, the play relay is energized on turns on the magazine motor, the turntable motor and the amplifier.
Re: Rockola Princess 1493 - more help for Morgan please!
27.01.10 09:28
Many thanks Marc- I will study the manual alongside your advice, and hope to solve the problem- please also let me say a big "thank you" for such perfect English! Morgan in Luxembourg
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in