Help with Rowe AMI RI-3/RI-4?

geschrieben von - posted by Jonrad89 
Help with Rowe AMI RI-3/RI-4?
23.11.09 21:54
Hello.
I'm sorry that I write this in English, and with google translate sometimes tongue sticking out smiley.

I have a Rowe ami jukebox but i dont know if it is a RI-3 or a RI-4 Jewel.
On the backside of the jukeboxe i can read that it is a RI-3, but the color does not match other RI-3.

[www.pinballrebel.com]
a RI-3?

[www.pinballrebel.com]
a RI-4?

here is mine: [www.youtube.com]

How should i know if it is a RI-3 (that i can read on the backside) or a RI-4 (same colors) ?
Its a 125 watt amplifier, and my dad says its only a few ex. with this amp in the world (comes from a disco in london?)

Which needle should i buy to this jukebox?
Where could i find new contacts to the amplifier (then to the volume pot)?
Is it tubes in the amplifier?

And the last thing: in the jukebox next the amplifier its a board with cables. Should the cables be on 64Watt or what it is and what is that board?

I hope you understand my very bad english and that someone know something about this jukebox.

/// Johnny from sweden.
Re: Help with Rowe AMI RI-3/RI-4?
24.11.09 09:39
Hello Johnny

If you can read "RI-3", you have a RI-3. The different front picture was available for both models. The RI-4 is identically constructed as the RI-3. There are only small differences, but all components are interchangeable. On the Control Computer and on the amplifier (and probably on other components) should be a round sticker with the date of production. If it is 1979 to 1981, then the component is from a RI-3, otherwise it is from a RI-4.

RI-3 and RI-4 have normally a 64 watt - amplifier, but the 125 watt amp of the "big" models will also fit. Probably someone has upgradet it, to have more power for external speakers. Possibly the box was factory ordered with the 125 watt amp.

If you have the original pickup, you need a SHURE N44-C (light blue). You can get it here in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de]

There are no tubes in the amplifier. To connect an external pot on the amplifier, you can simply connect it on the same terminal, where the built-in pot is connected.

I don't know, which board next the amplifiewr you mean. Perhaps you can post a picture of it (use the button "Datei anhängen - Attach file").

Greetings from Austria - charly49
24.11.09 16:58
Hello.

The stickers was from 1979-1981 :) = RI-3.

When the jukebox is "cold" and you turn up to max volume its okey, but if you play 20-30 minutes the volume will be higher, thats why I thought it was tubes in the amp.

So the 125watt amplifier is not original?
I have one amp with 125watt (6-07438-02) and one amp with: 1, 4, 16, 28 and 64 watt.
What is the "little" amp to? Could i connect standard speakers or is it 70volt speakers?

The cablecontacts on the 125watts amp to the phono and volumepot, where can i buy these?

Some pictures:
[img294.imageshack.us]
[img81.imageshack.us]
[img262.imageshack.us]
[img263.imageshack.us]
[img515.imageshack.us]

And sorry for my bad english /// Johnny
25.11.09 00:44
Hello Johnny

You don't have two amplifiers. You have one 125 watt - amplifier with an external transformer unit belonging to it. The 125 watt is for both channels (62,5 watts per channel). On the transformer unit are two terminal strips (marked with E1 to E6 and one not used for each channel). These are for low impedance speakers (4 - 8 ohms). You may connect the internal speakers and additional external speakers here. Select the desired power according to the table. If only the internal speakers are used, they should be connected to E1 and E6 (the E1 connection probably exists)

If you want to use one monaural speaker, you can do it also. Connect one lead of the speaker to one lug (E2 ...E6, according to the desired power) of the left channel, the other lead of the speaker to the same lug of the right channel.

On the opposite side is the terminal strip for constant voltage (70 volts) speakers. This connections are only for speakers with a seperate 70 volts transformer and no low impedance speakers may be connected there.

Connectors for phono input and volume control should be available in a well sorted electronics shop. Look for "Molex KK Connectors".

Greetings - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in