Any NSM 45 mechanisim experts here?

geschrieben von - posted by _) (V) (-) 
Any NSM 45 mechanisim experts here?
29.05.09 01:30
Hola mi amigos!

After a long cold winter I try to revive our old NMS Prestige 160.
It seems only to be only 50% working now, because it is not switching from A side to B side.
I can see the cam turning but not sure about Clutch and Drive Pin.
All peices are oiled and the tone arm assembly moves back and forth if moved by hand.

Are there any common problems to cause this problem?
Anyone know what I should check?

Mucho Dankes!

I try translation...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nachdem einen langen kalten Winter ich versuche, unseren alten NMS Prestige 160 wiederzubeleben. Es scheint nur, nur 50% Arbeiten jetzt zu sein, weil es von Einer Seite zu B-Seite nicht schaltet. Ich kann sehen, dass der Nocken aber nicht sicher um Kupplung und Antriebnadel drehend. Alle peices ist geölt und die Tonarmversammlung bewegt hin und her wenn bewegt mit der Hand.

Gibt es irgendeine gemeinsamen Probleme, dieses Problem zu verursachen? Jemand weiß, was ich prüfen sollte?

Viele Dank für Ihre Hilfe!

Re: Any NSM 45 mechanisim experts here?
29.05.09 08:22
Hello

this is probably a very small mechanical problem. If you turn the carriage around, you see a vertical shaft with two levers on the backside. The lower lever moves the tone arm unit left and right, the upper one is moved by the vertical cam behind it. This lever is pulled in a center position by a small spring and must be freely movable. If the upper lever is sticked on the the lower lever, it cannot be pulled in the center position and the cam can't reach (and move) it.

Greetings from Austria - charly49
31.05.09 18:41
Grazie charlie49!

I inspected this location, everything seems to move very easy and is well lubricated.
Looks like there is no contact between top lever and cam.
Attached photograph with red arrow to aid my description.

Suspect something is missing, maybe?
Like plastic shoe where lever contact with cam lobe.
Have another photo with sample circled.

Please if you would see them.

31.05.09 18:43
2nd post for 2nd picture...

Ich habe diesen Ort, alles scheint geprüft, sehr leicht und zu bewegen, ist gut geölt. Sieht aus, wie es keinen Kontakt zwischen oberstem Hebel und Nocken gibt. Befestigte Fotografie mit rotem Pfeil, meine Beschreibung zu unterstützen.

Vermutet, dass etwas verpasst, vielleicht? Wie Kunststoffschuh wo Hebelkontakt mit Nockenläppchen. Haben Sie ein anderes Foto mit Probe umkreist.

Bitte, wenn Sie sie sehen würden.

2. Posten für 2. Fotografie. ...

01.06.09 10:22
Hello

I'll try to explain. The cam lobe isn't really a cam lobe, but a single pin, mounted at the worm gear under it. If the worm gear is turned clockwise (top view), the upper lever (and with it the lower lever and the tone arm unit, if it is in the wrong position) will be moved to the left. If the worm gear is turned counterclockwise, the lever will be moved to the right.

Maybe the pin is missing or broken.

Regards - charly49
02.06.09 13:18
Hallo!
I had the same probleme in the past. I saw a picture in your letter. On this picture is a red arrow-on the right
of this arrow yuo can see two springs and the lower spring is fixed on the right on a part which must be
moveable on the shaft. By my probleme, I gave out the shaft - clean out the old fat and after new oiling
and mounting it works great.

Good Luck
Jukebox-Willi
05.06.09 15:34
Hello and many thanks to you both charly49 & Jukebox-Willi !

I have again inspected these parts of which you both mention. The shaft with the levers and springs does seem to be well oiled and moves quite freely. I have been rotating the gears by hand and watching for some interaction between the gears and the levers charly49 mentioned, but I do not see anything happening there.

"Maybe the pin is missing or broken."
This is now my concern.
Everything is move freely but there is nothing to strike the levers.
I can reach in with a small tool and move the lever back and forth with no problems.
This action does move the tone arm carriage assembly.

The travel of the levers suggests an arc path similar to that of the white plastic gear on the top of vertical shaft.
I do not see evidence of anything broken from the underside of the white gear.
I will try to get another picture of the underside of white gear for the well trained eyes here to examine.

Again, many thanks to you all for your assistance!

Below I put an attempt at German.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo und viele Dank zu Ihnen beide charly49 & Jukebox Willi!

Ich habe wieder diese Teile geprüft von dem Sie beide Erwähnungen. Der Schaft mit den Hebeln und die Federn scheinen gut, ziemlich frei geölt zu werden und bewegt zu werden. Ich habe die Gänge mit der Hand gedreht und habe für eine Wechselwirkung zwischen den Gängen zugeschaut und die Hebel charly49 haben erwähnt, aber ich sehe, dass nichts dort geschehend.

"Vielleicht die Nadel verpasst oder bricht“.
Dies ist jetzt meine Angelegenheit.
Alles ist Bewegung frei aber es gibt nichts, die Hebel zu streiken. Ich kann in mit einem kleinen Werkzeug erreichen und kann den Hebel hin und her mit keinen Problemen bewegen. Diese Handlung bewegt die Tonarmkutschenversammlung.

Die Reise von den Hebeln schlägt einen Bogenpfad vor der ähnlich ist zu das vom weißen Kunststoffgang auf dem Oberteil senkrechten Schafts. Ich sehe Beweis, dass von irgendetwas nicht, das von der Unterseite vom weißen Gang gebrochen wird. Ich werde versuchen, ein anderes Bild von der Unterseite weißen Gangs für den Brunnen zu erhalten, hat Augen hier ausgebildet, zu untersuchen.

Wieder viele Dank zu Ihnen alle für Ihre Hilfe!

05.06.09 18:25
Hello

the pin isn't mounted on the underside of the plastic gear, but on the top side of the worm gear under it. The worm gear is only moving while changing records, not while scanning or playing. Look at the attached picture.

Best regards - charly49

06.06.09 01:48
Bless You Charly49!
I can see the hole in the top edge of the lower gear.
It can only be seen from rear when timing with record lift arm is raised 1/4 from rest.

Is there any hope to find a soultion to the missing piece?
Or a suitable replacement part for this elegant machine?

Mucho Grazze charly49 for pointing my eyes to see the direction.
_)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich werde Sie Charly49 segnen!
Ich kann das Loch in der obersten Kante vom unteren Gang sehen.
Es kann nur von Hinterseite gesehen werden, wenn Zeit mit Rekordaufzugarm misst, ist 1/4 von Rest erhoben.

Gibt es eine Hoffnung, dem fehlenden Stück einen soultion zu finden?
Oder ein passender Ersetzungsteil für diese elegante Maschine?

Mucho Grazze charly49 zum Deuten meiner Augen, die Richtung zu sehen. _)

06.06.09 08:09
Hello

I don't think that a new replacement part is available, but I see some possibilities.

You can look for the missing pin. It should be somewhere in the mechanism. If you find it, you can put it into the hole and fix it with super glue or metal bond. I use "Loctite Buchsen und Lager - Kleber" for it.

You can look for a used replacement part. Sometimes are complete carriages offered at Ebay.

You can look for a fitting "roll pin" in a hardware store oder in a mechanic workshop.

You can look for a hardened steel pin. If you can't find an exactly fiiting pin (or if the hole is demaged), you can drill the hole to the next available diameter. If necessary, thereafter you can break off the drill shaft to the necessary length and use as pin (glue into the hole).

I hope this will help you.

Best regards - charly49
07.06.09 16:29
Ja! Very much so, thank you.

Completly understand lack of new replacement parts for this machine.

Alas I have searched exhaustedly for missing pin with no luck.
Even sifting through the contents of the shop vacuum I used to clean out the dust and cobwebs.
Therefore the rollpin option holds the most promise at this time.

The gearshaft seems housed inside a single casting, how to extract for repairs?
The manual we ordered from Starman does not cover disassembly of mechanism.

There are 2 screws on underside that appear to hold a bearing assembly on bottom of verticle shaft.
The opening is not large enough to accomodate gears, nor will they clear camshaft.
Looks to be many assemblys attached to the main casting. (frame?)

If a man can build this machine, a man should be able to take it apart again.
Only where to start? It's like Chinese puzzle box. ha ha

Mucho appreciation for your kind and helpful advice!
_)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ja! Sehr viel so, vielen Danke.

Verstehen Sie vollständig Mangel die Teile von neuer Ersetzung für diese Maschine.

Ach habe ich ausgeschöpft für Verpassennadel mit keinem Glück gesucht. Sogar Sieben durch den Inhalt vom Ladenvakuum, das ich den Staub und die Spinnengeweben aufgeräumt hatte. Daher hält die rollpin Option das meiste Versprechen zurzeit.

Der gearshaft scheint unterbracht innerhalb eines einzelnen Gussstücks, wie für Reparaturen zu extrahieren? Das Handbuch das wir haben angeordnet von Starman nicht bedeckt Zerlegung des Mechanismus.

Es gibt 2 Schrauben auf Unterseite, die erscheint, eine Lagerversammlung auf Boden von verticle Schaft zu halten. Die Öffnung ist nicht groß genug zu accomodate Gängen, noch wird sie reinigen Nockenwelle. Aussehen, viele Versammlungen zu sein, die zum Hauptgussstück befestigt werden. (Rahmen)?

Wenn ein Mann diese Maschine bauen kann, sollte ein Mann es auseinander wieder nehmen können. Nur wo anzufangen? Es ist wie Chinesischgeduldsspielkasten. ha ha

Mucho Schätzung für Ihre Art und hilfreichen Rat!

_)
13.06.09 02:18
Here is a good picture of the hole.
I will attempt to make a replacement pin and post results here if anyone is interested.
Mucho Danke for all the assistance meine bruders!
_)

19.06.09 13:13
Here is some pictures of my process to replace missing pin.

First I try many things to fit into hole, this to gauge size.
I find # 12 gauge electrical wire fit almost perfectly.

19.06.09 13:36
Sorry for so many posts. I do not know how to add multiple photos to posts.

OK, now I find hardened steel rod and put it into my cordless drill chuck to spin drill while introducing rod to grinding wheel. This is somewhat crude attempt to fashion a lathe. I reduced diameter of steel rod to that equal of test wire as seen in photo. Then I cut off piece of rod to insert into hole. This is a very tricky maneuver to access hole. Then I must find suitable cement to secure pin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traurig für so viele Posten. Ich weiß nicht, wie Posten mehrfache Fotos hinzuzufügen.

STIMMEN Sie, jetzt ich finde verhärtete stählerne Rute ZU und stellen Sie es in mein drahtloses Drillfutter, Drill während Einführenrute zu Mahlenrad zu spinnen. Dies ist etwas roher Versuch, eine Drehmaschine zu gestalten. Ich habe Durchmesser stählerner Rute zu jenem Gleichgestellten von Prüfungsdraht verringert, der als in Foto gesehen worden ist. Dann habe ich Stück der Rute abgeschnitten, in Loch einzufügen. Dies ist ein sehr kniffliges Manöver, auf Loch zuzugreifen. Dann muss ich passenden Zement finden, Nadel zu sichern.

22.06.09 18:41
OK, I have fashioned a replacement pin and taking Charly49's advice, I will now cement pin into place.

It is very steady hands one must have to place pin into hole.
30.06.09 14:03
Here to report our NSM is working again.
Woo Hoo!

Many thanks to all who provided the helpfull guidance and assistance.
17.02.10 00:29
Hello again all.
Looking forward to springtime and warm tempratures so I can use my machine once again.

Is there any recomended advice to prepare a machine for use, after it having been exposed to extreem cold storage?

Is a lube and oil enough?
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in