Remote volume control for Wurlitzer Lyric

geschrieben von - posted by Erst 
Remote volume control for Wurlitzer Lyric
26.04.05 20:04
Hello!

I have a Wurlitzer Lyric M 1961 (serial number 81xxx)
The amplifier has a connection for remote volume, could anyone tell me the right value of the potentiometer to be connected here? I haven´t found anything in the original service manual.
It could be nice to put a little "remote box" on the wall with main power, reset button and a volume control!
Regards from Sweden
Erik

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 26.04.05 20:14.
Uwe
Re: Remote volume control for Wurlitzer Lyric
27.04.05 20:09
Hi Eric,

I also never saw a remote volume control for the early Lyrik, but..............
i bought a few month ago a Wurlitzer C Model for parts. Inside was ( I think) the same amplifire as in the M2 Lyriks and there was a remote volume control inside, I´ve never saw before! I ask an old jukebox-operator who is living in my town, an he told me that this is the RVC which was normaly used with the old Lyrik. (s. picture )

Kind regards
Uwe

28.04.05 16:22
Hi Uwe!
ahh , that was interesting! I suppose its hard to find an original control like that?
I figure it´s easy to manufacture a similar control by myself, if I only knew what value the potentiometer should have. Well, actually I have the option to test it out by the trial-and-error method. But if You or anyone else know the value I would be very glad!

Kind regards
Erik

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 28.04.05 16:24.
28.04.05 17:59
vielleicht ist uwe ja so nett und schraubt den Kasten mal auf. Dann kann er den Ohm-Wert des Potis hier reinschreiben und alle sind wieder schlauer.
Uwe
29.04.05 04:29
Mache ich am Wochenende. Gruß Uwe
Uwe
04.05.05 20:17
Sorry für die Verspätung. nachstehend die Werte:

10 K Ohm+100; Eingebauter axialer kondensator : 250 Microfarad 6V- /+dJ

anbei ein Bild vom Innenleben
05.05.05 10:55
Kann es sein das da statt +100 +log steht? Das würde mehr Sinn machen und steht für positiv logarithmisch.
06.05.05 08:59
Thank you!!!
I´ll try to make a control by myself now!
Vielen dank
/Erik
06.05.05 14:51
Erst,

an original remote volume control is hard to find.
I suppose that it was never produced by WurliTzer Germany itself.

I bought my Lyric with a remote volume control without cancel button and but without any hint of the producer.
An old coin operator told me that in this times a cancel button on German jukeboxes was unusual.

If you like I can sell it to you and I can integrate a cancel button, too.

If you are interested please write to neumann.wolff@cityweb.de

Regards

Ulrich
Uwe
06.05.05 18:03
Hallo Marc, habe das Teil gerade nochmal aufgeschraubt und denke Du hast recht. Das ist so doof eingestanzt daß ich statt IOG ,IOO gelesen habe.

Hallo Ulrich: Wie gesagt ich kann mich nur auf die Aussage meines ortsansässigen Automatenmechanikers berufen. Wer weiß heute schon was die damals alles verbaut haben. Mein RVC ist auch nicht gemarkt.Für Deine Aussage spricht aber allerdings daß bei meinem Teil der Cancel-Knopf auch nicht angeschlossen war. Ggf. wurde es nur als VC genutzt ohne Cancel Funktion.

Gruß
Uwe

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 06.05.05 18:18.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in