Rock Ola Tempo 2 - 1485. Magazine motor

geschrieben von - posted by Dvd739 
Rock Ola Tempo 2 - 1485. Magazine motor
01.12.23 05:56
Dear Forum,

after 1 year of regular operation, the problem at magazine motor is still here. I have this question for you: the right voltage at magazine (and gripper arm) motor is DC 28V or DC 35V?
I have the complete Instruction Manual: at page 11, at chapter "No. 4 play control relay (direct current) - description of operation" I read "... The second (contact) closes a 35 V.D.C. circuit to the mechanism D.C. motors, ...).
At page 33, there is an electric diagram and its description that says "Contact "C" closes circuit to magazine motor ..." and the figure shows contact "C" on +28 volts D.C. line.
I checked the volts at "amp lok plug - 6 circuit (part no. 33637, pag 22 of "Part List book") and I detected 35 V D.C. (wires yellow-green and black).
I suspect that this voltage is not correct (the motor rotates clockwise, faster, doesn't stop immediately when unplugged and, when connected to the magazine, has not enough power to start rotation).

Thank you very much for your support!!!

Ciao Davide
Re: Rock Ola Tempo 2 - 1485. Magazine motor
01.12.23 07:36
Hello Davide

28 VDC is correct.
The 28 VDC are produced from a 35 VAC voltage.
There is no 35 VDC voltage used in the Jukebox.
The 35 VDC in the discription is a mistake.
But there is a difference in the voltage messured with an without load!
In standby, 35 VDC should be fine.

Greetings
Roland
01.12.23 15:05
Hello ,

in this kind of Motor it is not very important that the voltage is exactly 28 v . It will also work with 30 or 35 .

Best regards.
01.12.23 18:42
Thanks empress 200 and newvalves for your information.

I have 2 motors and both show the sale problem. For this reason I focused my attention to the voltage of power distribution panel.
Since after the power distribution panel there is only the circuit of wires, I think that the voltage at the mech. socket of the panel must be 28VDC, mustn't it?
Have you an idea why the motor turns faster, in opposite direction, without enough force to start rotation when connected to the magazine and doesn't stop immediately when I unplug it? (Probably the delay in stopping is due to the motor when not connected to the magazine).
Could be the rectifier in power distribution panel broken or not functioning properly? What can I check?

Thanks again.
02.12.23 06:58
Check Microswitch#2 (in the center of the 3 swiches). It makes the ground connection to the field coil of the magazine motor. The contact must be closed in the home position and opens just before the record is placed on the turntable.
Rgds Jürgen
10.12.23 17:55
I checked Microswitch#2 and it works properly. Please, could anyone send to me very detailed pictures of wiring of rectifier and Amp lock plug - 6 circuit at power distribution panel?
Thank you
Davide
24.02.24 16:10
Dear friends of the forum, finally the issue hac been solved: microswitch #2 was defective and, after installing a new one, my Rockola plays perfectly!
So thank you for your help. Let me send a special thank to Juergen 02 who drove me to identify the problem and support me intensively through the schematics!!!

I will continue to follow the forum, hoping in some way to give my contribution.

Ciao, Davide
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in