Experimental Jukebox Record?

geschrieben von - posted by sanfranphono 
Experimental Jukebox Record?
21.11.20 03:24
Hallo habe hier eine ungewoehliche Platte, vielleicht hat jemand schon mal so eine gesehen.

Ich mach mal auf Englisch weiter, hoffe das ist ok.

Physical Description: 12" Shellack record not laminated, based on the rounded edge manufactured before the late 1960s.
1 1/8" large center hole.
Both sides seem identical: Matrix Number 01205Z

Record plays inside out, very quiet shellac, there is no vertical or lateral signal in the grooves.
Groove is continuous, there are 4 bands on each side. No run-in or run-off groove.

Curiously, one side has two cycloidal needle runs starting about 2 1/4" from the center and running out about the middle of the record.

So here's my interpretation: To make such a needle run, you would have a tonearm running against the direction of the record. The arc of the tonearm must have its tangential point in the middle of the record where the run stops.

So in my mind this could be a forked tonearm, where the top tonearms plays the record in the clockwise direction and the bottom tonearm plays the record running counterclockwise. The RCA Victrola V-225 Magic Brain record changer used that set up, and some jukeboxes did as well. So I wonder if this was a development for a long playing multi band jukebox or muzak record.

Ich wuerde gerne eure meinung dazu hoeren

Gruss

Carsten

Re: Experimental Jukebox Record?
21.11.20 07:04
Könnte ne Platte vom Seeburg Musik Background System sein . Ich meine aber die wird dann mit 16RPM abgespielt .
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in