rockola 36196-A amp

geschrieben von - posted by bopper 
rockola 36196-A amp
23.05.19 17:13
i have the 36196-A rockola amp in my 430, in the last few days it is only playing on the right speaker channel unless i toggle the AVC switch which then both channels work ,then when another selection is made it is back to one channel ,the amp has been recapped about 3years ago with a new set of tubes and has been operating perfectly, could it be a valve on the left channel side of the amp, any help from an electronic expert would be a great help

regards

mick

Ich habe den Rockola-Verstärker 36196-A in meinem 430, in den letzten Tagen spielt er nur auf dem rechten Lautsprecherkanal, es sei denn, ich schalte den AVC-Schalter um, der dann beide Kanäle funktioniert. Wenn eine andere Auswahl getroffen wird, ist es zurück zu einem Kanal , der Verstärker wurde vor ca. 3 Jahren mit einem neuen Röhrensatz neu verschlossen und hat einwandfrei funktioniert. Sollte es sich um ein Ventil auf der linken Kanalseite des Verstärkers handeln, wäre jede Hilfe von einem Elektronikexperten eine große Hilfe

Grüße

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 23.05.19 18:55.
Re: rockola 36196-A amp
24.05.19 06:36
My only guess is a sticky mute relay contact. Toggling the AVC switch may cause enough vibration in the amp to open the contact.
Rgds Jürgen
24.05.19 07:01
Hi Jurgen
i will remove the amp from the JB and check the relay contacts , would the relay sticking only cause the problem only on one channel of the amp ? thanks

regards

mick
24.05.19 10:37
There is one switch per channel, it may be possibe that one switch opens correctly, one remains closed. To verify that we are looking at a contact problem, get it into failure and try some gentle
knockings to the amp instead of operating the AVC switch.
24.05.19 11:26
i will try that before i remove the amp, thanks again Jurgen

cheers

mick
25.05.19 15:29
Hi Jugen and others

i have tried the suggestion of taping the amp near the mute relay but no effect regading the left channel
so i tried the AVC switch position (off to on and vice versa ) and again the left channel operates ok, it looks like i will have to remove the amp from the JB and check for any bad connections or dry joints and hopefully find the fault, if anyone can help with the problem i.e a bad tube or a cap fault i would grateful for your input,

regards

mick

Hallo Jugen und andere

Ich habe den Vorschlag gemacht, den Verstärker in der Nähe des Stummschaltungsrelais abzukleben, aber keine Auswirkung auf den linken Kanal
Also habe ich die AVC-Schalterposition ausprobiert (Aus zu Ein und umgekehrt) und wieder funktioniert der linke Kanal in Ordnung. Es sieht so aus, als müsste ich den Verstärker aus dem JB herausnehmen und nach schlechten Verbindungen oder trockenen Verbindungen suchen und hoffentlich den Fehler finden Wenn jemand bei dem Problem helfen kann, z. B. eine schlechte Röhre oder ein Kappenfehler, wäre ich für Ihre Eingabe dankbar.

Grüße

mick
25.05.19 16:35
You are sure it only occurs after a new selection?

Or only after the first selection (after home position when the Anode volatages are switched off)

Only in AVC on (thermistor problem?) or also in AVC off?

Swap tubes to See if the failure moves to the other channel?

Thats all for now, curious to learn what it was after my holiday.

Juergen

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 25.05.19 17:18.
25.05.19 17:28
Hi Jurgen
hope you have a good holiday, when i fist turn the JB on to play a record the left channel does not work
that is when i use the AVC to get both channels ,it does not matter the position of the switch by just swiching position brings on both sides, sometimes the left channel fails while a record is playing, i will do as you say by swapping the tubs (left to right) and see what happens, in the mean time have agood break,
i will post after the tests

regards

mick
25.05.19 18:40
Neues Tonabnehmersystem verbaut und auch ein neues Kabel dafür gebaut ?
26.05.19 14:50
Hi
i have swapped valves as suggested but no change, it looks as if i will have to remove the amp, what i have done for the moment until i remove the amp is to switch to " mono" where both of the door speakers operate ok but the sound is not as good

regards

mick
27.05.19 12:21
Sounds more like a random contact problem anywhere in the left channel. Not much left you can try to play with from the outside.

Pickup cable and connector as Swen suggested
Knock/pull/replace ECC82 as it serves both channels
Pull connector to the volume control assembly a few times
Toggle Mono/stereo/hybrid switch and Watt' switch a few times

Sound quality in mono should Improve wehen the left channel is back.The cabinet speakers play the sum of l+r in monoraul and hybrid mode

Juergen
27.05.19 17:31
Hi Jurgen and Swen

firstly i will do as Swen suggests, i have a spare tone arm,new cartridge and cable so i will assemble these and install them
2nd replace the ecc82 tube
3rd i will remove and replace volume 6pin plug ,i have a spare volume control with fitted plug so i may try this
i will toggle switches as above, i hope one or all of these work, i will post after completiion of tests

thanks again to both of you for advice

regards to both

mick

Hallo Jürgen und Swen

Zuerst werde ich tun, was Swen vorschlägt, ich habe einen Ersatztonarm, eine neue Patrone und ein neues Kabel, damit ich diese zusammenbauen und installieren kann
2. Ersetzen Sie die ecc82 tube
3. Ich entferne und ersetze den 6-poligen Lautstärkestecker. Ich habe einen Ersatz-Lautstärkeregler mit eingebautem Stecker, damit ich dies versuchen kann
Ich werde die Schalter wie oben umschalten. Ich hoffe, dass eine oder alle dieser Arbeiten nach Abschluss der Tests veröffentlicht werden

Nochmals vielen Dank an euch beide für den Rat

Grüße an beide
mick

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 28.05.19 07:13.
29.05.19 12:59
latest update, i replaced the ECC82 no joy, toggled the stero / mono /wattage switch no joy , i replaced the volume control temporary with my spare and this seemed to work ( played 10 records all ok ) so i have removed the old vc and installed the new one, and will see how it goes over time, so once again i thank Jurgen and Swen for all their help

best regards

mick

Neuestes Update, ich ersetzte den ECC82 ohne Freude, schaltete den Stero / Mono / Watt-Schalter ohne Freude um, ich ersetzte den Lautstärkeregler vorübergehend durch meinen Ersatz und dies schien zu funktionieren (spielte 10 Datensätze alles in Ordnung), also habe ich den alten VC und entfernt habe das neue installiert und werde sehen, wie es im Laufe der Zeit weitergeht. Nochmals danke ich Jürgen und Swen für all ihre Hilfe

freundliche Grüße

mick
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in