NSM Prestige 2 Jukebox - Normal operation ?

geschrieben von - posted by Jukebox Bobby 
NSM Prestige 2 Jukebox - Normal operation ?
29.03.18 11:40
Hello everyone, just joined

For years I've been after an NSM Prestige 2 Jukebox and finally purchased one a few weeks ago. I love it... it's great !! and visitors to the house are so impressed.

I work here in the UK as a Police officer, however i originally trained as tv engineer in the 1980's before joining the force, so have some technical background ( a bit rusty now ). Part of the enjoyment of buying the jukebox is keeping it going... hopefully solving any faults myself.

Since buying my NSM I have replaced some of the bulbs, fitted new base drivers ( although I was disappointed sad smiley not to find the originals second hand somewhere they are 6.5 ohm 9.5 inch..) Also lubricated the motor was a bit stiff and replaced the electrolytics in the amp power/ supply section.

Can I just ask if anyone can advise on the following..

The jukebox seems to be working ok, although Iv'e noticed the carriage sometimes clicks and "hesitates" for a split second whilst it is returning along the rail back to the start position, not all time. Does anyone know if this is normal ( is it just braking ? ) or a sign a fault is developing ? It selects records and plays ok

Also.. there is a minor mains hum through the speakers whilst no record is selected, I though replacing the Caps would have solved it but still there. Again is it normal

Many thanks

Rob
Re: NSM Prestige 2 Jukebox - Normal operation ?
19.04.18 20:05
Hello Rob,

I can't answer the first question, though I doubt it is a normal operation that the carriage runs hesitant once in a while. Did you check if this could be a mechanical problem - stiff cable ?

Regarding the hum: Are you sure it comes through the speakers? Sometimes ballasts cause a hum which can be heard in standby already. To check take out the fluorescent lamp. If no hum can be heard now the problem is the ballast.

Kind regards - Hildegard Stamann
19.04.18 23:24
Da mein Technisches Englisch noch schlechter ist als das bisschen Englisch was is so drauf habe Versuch ich erst garnicht auf Englisch zu Antworten .

Ich denke das Klacken ist normal . Vermutlich kommt das Klack Geräusch von der Rutschkupplung wenn der Laufwagen in den Anschlag läuft und der Antriebsmotor noch nachläuft . Dann überspringt diese und das erzeugt ein Klack Geräusch .

Das Thema Summen , Brummen und ähnliche Nebengeräusche im Stillstand sind mitlerweile sowas wie eine Unendliche Geschichte bei den ES und ES II Zentralen . Die Dinger sind so kompliziert gebaut das man manchmal garnicht Glauben mag woher die Geräusche kommen . Es gibt die Möglichkeit das ein Surren durch einen schlechten Betriebsartenschalter im Laufwerk kommt . Es kommt zu wechselnden Quitschgeräuschen wenn im Display die Anzeige die Top 10 durchschaltet bzw. die Anzeige wieviele Kredite es für die einzelne Münzen gibt . Hier wird der Fehler vom Computer verursacht . Das selbe entsteht auch wenn die Abschirmleitung um das Displaykabel nicht geerdet ist . Von defekten Bauteilen will ich garnicht erst Anfangen .
21.05.18 14:01
Hi Rob, I dont know if you fixed your hum, but I had a similar problem, In my case it was the K select button it would not return fully after being selected for playing a record, or even if it was just slightly touched. I would wait till I ran out of credit and just press it firmly and it would return to its proper position hum gone.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in