geschrieben von - posted by smt02 
Rockola 1454 scanning issues
25.03.16 09:46
Hi all
The Rockola is still having scanning issues, my state of play is
When the last record finishes the juke does not park
1) i have replaced th micro switch 3 and 4 and set up by the manual
2) re set the grip cam limit switch and tone arm switch
3 I have removed the selector unit and it's clean no debri or washers and all pins move free
Now boxed back up, I have tried different methods of stopping the carousel to identify the faulty path
1) disconnected the main Jones plug which connects the mech to the selector And the carousel still turns
2) pulled the 10 pin plug which plugs into the control box and the mech stops
Any ideas
Re: Rockola 1454 scanning issues
27.03.16 11:16
Question
When you power up the jukebox does it immediatly start with scanning ( with all the pins in resting position ).
Or does the continious scanning only appears after you made the first selection

If the latter is the case : check with an open control box what is happening when you power up , make selection etc etc
27.03.16 13:50
Hi
The issue is when the jukebox is started up, and before any selections are made, I can make a selection the juke will play the song but continues to scan after the disc has been returned.
27.03.16 14:21
Power off , open controlbox , check status of relays , power on , check status : no change ( others correct me if I am wrong ) ,
make selection , relays attract , after record is played they should return to their resting position .
if not : follow the wire that has still a current ( ps renewed the caps ?)
if they are : check the contacts
( spended myself 2 days figuring out why a 3W1 wallbox always made the same selection , in the end it was one of the contacts in the stepper which didnt fully open )

I am only writing down what I should do , others feel free to correct me if I am wrong
27.03.16 16:30
Hello

The magazine motor is always running when the DC Start Relay (in power supply) is attracted and the gripper is in the rest position (above the magazine). The DC Start Relay is activated when at least one selection pin is switched in the selected position. The corresponding circuit does not go through the large Jones - plug, but through a single-pole speed connector near the selector unit. You can check whether the fault lies in the selector, if you disconnect this speed connector.

If the magazine motor stops as soon as the speed connector is disconnected, the fault is certainly to be found in the Selector. One of my friends had a similar problem. He had disassembled and cleaned the Selector. He has used steel wool to polish the parts. In this process, some of the steel filaments have obviously dissolved and later caused a short circuit.

During laydown of the record on the turntable, the selection pin is reset. If the last selection pin is reset, the DC control relay would drop and the mechanism would be de-energized. To prevent this, there are two other contacts which maintains the circuit for the DC Control Relay until the record is played and put back. One contact is on the interlock trip relay (in the Contol Box), the other on the Grip Cam Limit Switch (next to the gripper mechanism). These contacts can cause the error as well, if they are incorrectly adjusted.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards - charly49
28.03.16 07:50
Hi Charly49
Thanks for the info, I am in the process of checking the grip cam limit switch, I dismantled it and noticed a lug in cantact with another, I have stripped it straightened all the leafs and cleaned.
When I assembled the switch again it will not enter the slot on the grip cam slot, I may have reassembled incorrectly
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in