AMI Continental 1 - h e l p

geschrieben von - posted by jukeIL 
AMI Continental 1 - h e l p
25.02.16 22:12
Hello,

I have problem with my CONTI 1 gripper

it is too close to the records when at rest almost touching them.

the other problem - it is dropping the records when moving the record to play plate

i tried the adjustment in the manual (only way is moving the transfer motor housing back) but i didn't do much

i tried cleaning the inner part of the gripper mechanism (maybe there is old grease there) but this is very difficult unless you drill a pin that holds all the parts.

Any idea what can be done here ?

may be its normal for the gripper to be so close to the records when at rest ??

Help appreciated

Eitan

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 25.02.16 22:22.

Re: AMI Continental 1 - h e l p
26.02.16 16:53
Hello Eitan

I assume that you have set the motor position according to the Instructions in the manual. When the gripper is still not far enough open, probably a worn gear the cause. It is the right of the two gears on the gripper pivot. Sometimes at this the first and last teeth are ground down to half.

Disassembly of the gripper is not difficult. It has often been described here for Rock-Ola. The Rock-Ola gripper is almost identical to the AMI gripper. There are instructions in the archive for it. [www.jukebox-world.de]

Best regards - charly49
29.02.16 15:26
Thank you charley49

I got some tips from the friend at phonoland.com:

i used some oil and pressed the gripper like 150 times to get the gripper out of gummy-ish status
it worked!

now the only problem i have is that some records are 100% gripped and some are like 85% gripped and almost/falling when gripper moves.

I guess vinyl manufacturers have different 7" sizes records (in mm), but this doesn't make sense how does the gripper handles those? if the record is undersized by production it will fall

does this means that not all 7" records are suitable for my AMI conti1? some 7" are great the others 'dance' in the gripper

Eitan
01.03.16 08:21
Hello Eitan

The jaws of the gripper are pressed together by a spring. I suspect that the gripper to most of the way is smooth, but at the end of the path (2-3 mm) is stuck. If so, you're lucky. This can be fixed by newly moving, as you have already done it. At worst, you have to disassemble the gripper as described.

It is also possible that the gripping bow or the two jaws have been bent. This could have been made because of the gripper does not open far enough (as you described in your first posting). The reason for this is probably the worn gear which must open the gripper. It is the right of the two gears beside the gripper. Have you already looked at it? If the teeth are very abraded, you need a new gear.

Best regards - charly49
01.03.16 08:59
Thanks

yes the gear needs replacement but only minor ware (the two last teeth), i ordered a replacement

the Gripper yes when spring-slammed back (i hold and release) it will get jammed and need some force to release

I used two oils and tried for hours to dig in, 0 results

is there any easy way to take out the spirol pin without dismantling the whole mechanism ?

i thought of building like a 'special tool' with screw to push it out

eitan
01.03.16 13:04
Hello Eitan

I'll try to describe the process according to the archive entry:

Select a record and place it on the turntable. Then switch off service switch.

Remove record and turntable.

Unscrew gripper motor, so that the large gear can be rotated by hand. Turn the gear until the gripper is closed and comes in upright position and hold the gripper upright

Remove the two gears on the right side of the gripper. Bring the gripper back to a horizontal position.

Press the cradle with the clamping jaws to the rear. By this, the transfer cam comes out on the back. The transfer cam is fixed with a roll pin. This has to be driven out using a pin punch. It is important to ensure that the roll pin does not fall into the gripper housing (hold with needle nose pliers).

Now the transfer cam can be removed. The cradle, the spring and the gripper bow can be pulled out forward.

Then, the shaft can be pulled out and the trunnion bearing can be removed.

Now all the parts have to be cleaned are lubricated. Reassemble in reverse order.

Best regards - charly49

01.03.16 22:04
Thanks
the only problem i have is pulling the pin out
this looks difficult at limited space to hit etc.
eitan
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in