Rockola 1454 Problem

geschrieben von - posted by smt02 
Rockola 1454 Problem
30.11.15 22:40
Hi
I have recently bought a rockola 1454 jukebox, its in great condition, but its started with a problem withe the carousel
I can select play and all sounds well no issues withe performance, but when you have finished selecting and expecting the carousel to go into park, it doesn't
it just cycles and cycles, but if you select a track it works perfectly, picked the disc up places on the turntable and plays, whilst the dis is playing the carousel is stationary.
I expect it will be a micro switch problem, but which one would cause this problem, the box was restored 3 years ago and has had a couple of problems which have been simple fixes but this has stumped me
Re: Rockola 1454 Problem
01.12.15 09:19
Hi smt02,
I had times ago the same problem withe a 1458. I think the 1454 has nearly the same mechanism.
The cause was the microswitch on the backside of the carousel as shown on the pics.
First pic the carousel turns and the contacts are closed.
Second pic the contacts are open and carousel stops

Regards Magnus

01.12.15 10:19
Hi Magnus
Great will have a look tomorrow, I am assuming it will just require a clean up and spray will let you know the outcome
Regards
Andy
01.12.15 11:40
Die 1454 hat diese Einheit aber nicht . Soabld ein Stift auf dem Selektor gesetzt ist beginnt das Platten Magazin mit dem Suchlauf . Wenn die letzte Platte gespielt wurde bleibt das Magazin da stehen wo die letzte Platte gespielt wurde . Es gibt keine Endposition . Somit kann nur ein Stift am Selektor gesetzt sein der nicht gefunden wird . Andere Möglichkeit wäre ein Kurzschluss im Selektor durch ein Stück Lötzinn oder eine Schraube .
01.12.15 11:56
Hi sorry swen
I do not speak German, but on translation are you saying the 1454 is different to the 1458, the issue had only just started happening so I am assuming there is no solder, as no repairs have been made.
Are you saying there is no stop position pin
Not sure what this is
Have you a diagram to show what you mean
Thanks for your help
Andy
01.12.15 22:55
Hello Andy

I will try to explain what Swen said. The 1454 does not have any "Scan Control Unit" as the 1458. The scan is controlled by the selection pins. As long as any of the pins is in "selected" position, the Play Control Relay (in the power supply) is attracted. This gives the mechanism its supply voltage and the scan is performed. It may be that one of the selection-pin is set, but is not found as a result of contact failure. You should therefore check if all selection-pins are in the "not selected" position. If some are not in the "not-selected" position, you can put it back by hand.

Inside the Selector drum there is a small contact plate on each selection-pin, which connects two contact paths, when the pin is in "selected" position. It sometimes happens that a foreign object (a screw, a washer, a piece of solder or wire, or the like) short-circuits the contact paths. Then the record magazine runs, although no selection-pin is set. If that's the case, you have to disassemble the selector drum.

Selection pins of selected songs will be reset while the record is placed on the turntable. If the last selection-pin is reset the Play Control relay would drop and the mechanism would be de-energized. So that does not happen, there is a contact which keeps the relay attracted, while the record is placed, played and laid back. It is possible that this contact is permanently closed. The contact can be found on the set of contacts on the right side of the gripper mechanism.

Best regards - charly49

02.12.15 09:53
Thanks Charly49
Much appreciated, I am tod the pin is the first thing to check so will do and let you know
Regards Andy
02.12.15 12:54
Hi Charly49
All sorted now one of the pins was stuck
It's working great now do I need to lube them, as it appears free and easy now
Regards
Andy
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in