AMi G, H, I model amplifier compatible with K jukebox?

geschrieben von - posted by paulmolive 
AMi G, H, I model amplifier compatible with K jukebox?
29.05.15 23:09
Hello,

Sorry this is in english.

I have a 1960 AMi JBK-120 jukebox. Unfortunately the amp in NOT original. The amplifier is from a G, H, I I model jukebox. The amp works ok with the jukebox, but the mute relay is not hooked up. Therefore, there is a loud popping noise whenever the record changes.

There are 3 wires that are not hooked up to anything (1 black, 1 red, 1 orange / see pic) I am pretty sure the mute hookups on my amp are terminals 3 & 4. I have not tried to hook up the wires to the amplifier. I am hoping there is a way I can get the mute working without having to find an original K amplifier. Is the amp mute compatible with this jukebox. Or does it have to be re-wired?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading

Paul

Re: AMi G, H, I model amplifier compatible with K jukebox?
30.05.15 21:52
Hello Paul

You're lucky, the amplifiers are compatible. The red and the orange wire must, as you suppose, be connected to terminals 3 and 4. The black wire is ground and comes to terminal 1.

The shield of the cable to the volume control must also be connected to terminal 1.

The speakers I would connect to terminals 6 and 8, when no external speaker will be connected. This gives 16 watts for the speakers, terminals 5 and 7 will provide only 6.25 watt.

Best regards - charly49
31.05.15 20:00
Wow! That's great news. Thank you! I will give this a try. Unfortunately I can't test it out until I get the amp back from being rebuilt.

So just to clarify, I should leave the volume control cable hooked up as it is (terminal 1 & 2) and hook the black ground wire over top on terminal 1?

Also, does it matter which colour wires go to terminals 3 & 4. Orange to 3, Red to 4? Does it matter?

Thank you again for the help!!

Paul
31.05.15 22:40
Hello Paul

You're right, the volume control cable must be connected as it is. The shield should also be connected to terminal 1. The braided shield is apparently too short in order to connect it directly. It's best to solder for this a piece of wire to the braid.

It does not matter which wire, red or orange, is connected to terminals 3 and 4.

Best regards - charly49
31.05.15 22:57
Ok great. Thank you so much! I will let you know how it goes (when I get my amp back)

Paul
30.09.15 02:07
Hello!! I finally got my AMi back and hooked up the amplifier to the 3 mute wires.. IT WORKED!! I can't believe it. No more loud popping sound! Thank you so much Karl :)
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in