Wurlitzer Lyric F

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
Wurlitzer Lyric F
06.06.15 11:02
Hi
have had this machine a few days now can't seem to figure it out. I have experience with rockolas, wurlitzers with the horizontal turntables and rowe ami. This is the first wurlitzer i have got with the vertical turntable. The machine is a bit dirty but it powers up and fuses are fine and the selection section seems to work although i will get back to this. The problem is that the record keeps repeating, i have now cleaned all the pins, none are bent and all are in the cancel position but the record keeps repeating. Any ideas on what to check. I have attached some photos if you need any more let me know. The relay on the right side of the selection plate seems to be part of the selection and fires up when you make a selection SR relay i think, there was what seems to be an old square type diode attached to this relay with one of the legs broken. I replaced it with a modern diode but that affetced getting a selection so i have now disconnected it, anybody know what specification is the diode and pins that it is connected to. The other relay at the front of the selection plate doesn't operate unless when a record is fininshed playing i hold the stacked blade transfer switches in place, when I hold them in place the crank searcher arm will then begin to move stop at a selected pin and the relay starts to chatter, its the relay in the photo hanging at the front of the selection plate. As soon as i allow the stacked switches to open the relay stops and the crank arm moves away from the selected pin, stops and the constant repeating of a record starts to occur. I measured dc voltage at the selenium rectifier above the selection plate from the blue wire to ground and i get minus 25 v dc, should this be + 25 vdc. Could it be that the rectifier is faulty and affecting polarity of the wurlitzer transfer function. I had a previous problem with a rockola selenium recifier there was no odour from it but when the play relay operated the record basket went in reverse, could a faulty rectifer on the wurlitzer cause this problem. Would anyone know how i could replace it with a modern recifier. If you need clarification let me know or any other photos
seancalla

Re: Wurlitzer Lyric F
06.06.15 11:05
some more photos

09.06.15 15:39
Hi seancalla,

mabye this pdf file is helpful: [www.jukebox-world.de]

Hildegard
10.06.15 22:48
Hi
Thanks for the information I think thr relay was changed and resoldered so if you or any member had photos of a similar lyric I could compare the wiring and connections
Seancalla
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in