Rock-ola gripper motor

geschrieben von - posted by dirk3000 
Rock-ola gripper motor
28.04.15 18:28
Hello everybody !
I have a problem with a rock - ola 460. Selects fine, scans ok, and at the correct position ( record ) the gripper operates like it s' suppose to and grabs the record and put it on the turntable and the record starts playing. At record end, the " mute " relay activates, switching the amp off, and thats it. Normally the gripper motor runs in "reverse" to put the record back into the record holder, but nothing happens. I disconnected the motor from the mechanism to check that everything, including the motor and its build-on gear is running smoothly. So i think the problem is electrical. no fuse or overload protection is blown or tripped. What could be the problem ? Thanks !!
Re: Rock-ola gripper motor
29.04.15 12:44
Hello dirk3000

There are not very many options. The Gripper motor is controlled by the relays in the control box. These are the interlock relay and the reverse relay. On the Interlock Relay two contacts are connected in parallel. So I would exclude it now. The reverse relay is turned on with the same contacts as the muting relay. You should check if it actually attracts. If so, only one contact may be faulty. If not, the coil or the diode which is connected in series must be broken.

Best regards - charly49
Re: Rock-ola gripper motor
29.04.15 13:30
Thank you, charly49. Your answer is most usefull ! I had no idea that there are some relays inside the control box, i never opened it. Already wondered where the motor is switched to reverse, but never suspected the control box. This weekend will be very busy ! winking smiley i will place more information over this topic soon as i solved it, and what i did . May be usefull for others..
Friendly regards,
Dirk, Tremelo (cool smiley

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in