Festival 130 fail

geschrieben von - posted by dirk3000 
Festival 130 fail
01.02.15 14:53
Hello everybody,
I am new on this forum, and have some strange trouble with my NSM Festival 130 build 1971. Its an elektromechanic jukebox.
It worked fine, until a few days ago. When i select a record, the right selection pin is pushed up by the selector mechanism, the motor starts running, and thats it. The player does not move a muscle, but when i press the "reject" button on the remote volume controller, the solenoid activates, the player moves to the right selection, and the record starts playing, the sound is ok . On the end of the record, the solenoid activates the cluth again, the player opens, releasing the record, the record sinks half back into the magazin, the solenoid switching off, leaving everythig in this strange position. If i press the reject button again, and keep it pressed, the player puts the record in place, and the search for the next goes on, but only if i keep the button pressed. The amp stays " connected "during the whole cycle. Even after stopping on the " parking spot " and the motor stopped turning, still the amp stays " on" .
Re: Festival 130 fail
01.02.15 18:56
Hello Dirk,
sometimes the plastic cam at the right end of the camshaft brokes, so the timing of the mechanism does not work excactly.
Regards PitinWHV.
02.02.15 03:43
Thanks ! Now i have a clue where to start..
12.02.15 04:28
Nope, the plastic cam seems fine. not loose or broken, so i think i have to search in the relay system. propably a defective relay or false connection ? wiring ? i really dont know...and info about NSM seems sparse.
12.02.15 09:47
Hello Dirk,
just to avoid any Irritation, is this the kind of machine we are talking about?
Regards PitinWHV.

12.02.15 16:23
Yes, exactly the same, used both in " serenade " and " festival " models, the completely electromechanic machines end 60's, and early 70' s.
12.02.15 20:23
Hello Dirk,
how did you check the cam?
Behind the Solenoid bar there is the Scan Switch (Microswitch), it is actuated by the Scan Button or normally by the levers near the red Mark S (see Picture). Check that everything around there is working smoothly when the black crank made its turn during record selection.
Regards PitinWHV.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 12.02.15 20:25.

13.02.15 03:00
Thanks, now i see what you mean. Did not check any of these switches, only checked the record player. There goes the weekend ! Seems that NSM builded the jukebox around the mechanism, gonna be a tough job to completely remove the entire unit out of the cabinet, but it seems logical that something goes wrong there. Thanks for all the help, i ll' keep you informed ! Regards, Dirk. ;-)
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in