Wurlitzer 2800 1964

geschrieben von - posted by Naomi  
Wurlitzer 2800 1964
20.09.14 17:02
Hi there,

I'm new to this site and have no knowledge or experience of jukeboxes.

I've just acquired a Wurlitzer 2800, it works in as far as, the carousel turns, selects the record, spins for a second or 2 but then it's ejected? So it hasn't played any record as yet and doing the same to each selected. Does anyone know what this problem could be?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I tried to upload a short video of it but lost my post!

Many thanks.

Re: Wurlitzer 2800 1964
20.09.14 22:23
Hello Naomi

If I understand it correctly, the selected record is being lifted into the play position, clamped and starts to play. But after 1-2 seconds, it is put away, without playing.

There are a few different possibilities. The tonearm - switch which is actuated at the end of the song may be malfunctioning or incorrectly adjusted. The switch (a micro switch) is located behind the tonearm and is accessible from the rear. It is also possible that the Cancel button is blocked (on the amp) in the depressed position. There is also a switch which must change over as soon as the record has reached the play position. It is the right of the two contact assemblies below the chassis plate, near the drive motor. The contact assembly contains several contacts which are actuated together by means of a spring, similar to a micro-switch. It may be that this switch is not operated correctly. There is an adjusting screw which presses onto the spring lever. In most cases, this adjusting screw is to turn slightly clockwise.

Best regards - charly49
Re: Wurlitzer 2800 1964
23.09.14 18:22
That's really helpful! Thank you, gives me a few things to get started on.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in