1432 Rocket Accumulator

geschrieben von - posted by speed_1975 
1432 Rocket Accumulator
19.06.13 13:13
I Do have the schematic for the unit and that has helped some but I was wondering about the
functionality of the Accumulator.. I just don't quite understand how this thing
works.. Does the ratchet wind up and hold till the coin is dropped then
released?.. Or once the coin is released it then winds up?..
This is where my problem is the ratchet never moves and the solenoid is ok
because I just checked it with a power supply.

Just not real sure about the functionality..

Thanks

Shannon
Re: 1432 Rocket Accumulator
19.06.13 19:45
ok, first of all : haven't got a clue how a 1432 accumulator looks
couldn't find any pictures on the net either

did find one of a 1436 (1952)
basically the same as the 1448 so perhaps it also applies the the 1432

inside the accumulator there are 3 coils , depending on the value of the inserted coin 1 of the 3 is activated
moving a ratchet up (now you have 1 or more credits )

once a selection is made the reset coil is activated , counting 1 credit down

failures are most of the time due to bad contacts and/or bad capacitors

24AB2

19.06.13 23:21
Hello Shannon

I have no manual and I am not an expert on shellac boxes If I remember correctly, the credit accumulator works as you suspect. The ratchet wheel is wound up one step each time you select by the reset coil. When it reaches the end position the Credit Contact (called key switch on later models) will open. This unlit the Select lamp and it is no longer possible to select. When a coin is inserted, the ratchet wheel is released for a number (corresponding to the coin) of steps.

The keypads contain two contacts for each key. One contact must prepare the circuit for the Selection - Coil. The second contact completes the circuit to the reset coil. The reset coil subtracts one credit step. The contact on it completes the circuit for the selection - coil.

If all else fails, is to check that the operating voltage is present. Then it should be checked whether the credit - contact is closed. If it is closed, the Credit lamp should light up. The key contacts are connected in series. The voltage comes to the first key. As long as this is not pressed, the voltage is forwarded to the second key and so on. When a button is pressed, the series circuit is interrupted and the voltage is switched through to the reset coil. It happens that the normally closed contacts buttons make poor contact. This could also be the cause of the malfunction. You should check the described circuits with reference to the schematic.

Best regards - charly49
20.06.13 13:41
Thank you for the explanation on how this thing works. I have done some research and found very little info on these accumulators. I think they were used in many models Rockola’s made just built a little different depending on the model. Here is a link to a page that has a picture of one that is similar so I took what he did and did the same. I did find out with a capacitance meter that the old capacitor was dead and needed replaced and I went ahead and put in a new diode in the process. I will be reinstalling it later on today to find out if it works…. Crossing my fingers.. haha

Thanks again
Shannon

[southtexasantiqueelectronics.com]
20.06.13 18:12
done the same : replaced both caps and diode ( see pic2)

once in working order I removed the blade and spring (taped it inside the housing , left bottom corner )

this way preventing the accumulator to count down ( always a free play )

24AB2

21.06.13 16:55
Well it did not turn out the way I wanted and did not work.. I am sure that the capacitors were bad and I replaced the rectifier with a diode. But when I turn the power on it does not ratchet up.. HMMM I am thinking about putting the rectifier back in and pulling the diode..... I will post a picture of it along with a picture of the schematic tomorrow…
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in