AMI Continental 2 (A-1 on pinwheel)

geschrieben von - posted by tubesglow 
AMI Continental 2 (A-1 on pinwheel)
18.02.13 17:04
Hello,
I have a question regarding the A-1 position on a 200 play Continental 2.
I can clearly see a line ( about the 1 o'clock position) It points to the inner row of pins between pins 9 and 10 (over from the center of the outer shoe support.)
The manual clearly shows pin A-1 at about the 10:30 -11:00 o'clock position, but the outer most row of pins. (page RCS-25 in the manual)
Due to the fact that there was quite a bit of oxidation on the top / sides of the pinwheel, I can kind of make out a line (mark) about 8 pins over (about the 11:30 o'clock position) from the outer shoe support.
The manual says to repeat the stopping switch procedure for the even pin A-2 (marked on the pinwheel). That would make the A1 and A2 pins about 18 pins apart.
Are the even pins on the inner row and the odd pins on the outer row ? Can someone confirm that positon A-1 is 8 pins ( 11:30 o'clock position) from the outer shoe support ? Or maybe it isn't a mark at all.
Also, how much backlash should there be between the record carousel and pinwheel ?

Thanks to all...
Tony
Re: AMI Continental 2 (A-1 on pinwheel)
18.02.13 22:22
Hello Tony

Unfortunately I currently do not have a Conti on hand to count the pins. But I can tell you how you can find the pins A1 and A2. You put the magazine in the position that the record A1 is exactly under the gripper bow. Then there is one stop - lever exactly behind the pin A1 (outer row), the other stop - lever is exactly behind the pin A2 (inner row).

Best regards - charly49
19.02.13 15:17
Hello,
Thank-You Charly49 for the quick response. Your answer again was a big help. It seems that A-1 is 7 pins over to the left of the gripper bow (looking from the back). A-2 is exactly opposite on the other side of the pinwheel. (inside row).
I seem to be having a problem with spacing now. Between the record carousel and the back of the aluminum support casting.
There is only 1 large washer between them. (The manual shows 2 washers.)
This results in the inner record gripper to come close (and contact) the records in the carousel.
Not sure about this, as this is the way I got it. There is a washer between the carousel and the pinwheel though.

Thanks again..
Tony
19.02.13 17:43
Hello Tony

You can try to get a matching washer in a hardware store. If the hardware store has nothing suitable, the installer has large gaskets  for pipe fittings in different sizes. You could put one of them under the washer. The gasket does not have to fit exactly, it should only enlarge the spacing somewhat.

Best regards - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in