Rowe Ami R 80 amplifier trouble

geschrieben von - posted by baardburro 
Rowe Ami R 80 amplifier trouble
09.02.13 08:32
Hello, all.

I had my Ami R80 running and plaing fine. Then it was shut down for the night, and the next day, it was dead... Mechanically, everything works, the mute relay works and I have sound if I use the "test-plugs" on the preamp, but there is no sound from the speakers when everything is hooked up the normal way. Have changed all fuses with new ones. I have to preamp boards, and have tried interchanging those, but still same problem. Am I having problems with the voltage regulator? What would be a modern replacement for the voltage ragulator?

Thanks for all answers!

Baard
Re: Rowe Ami R 80 amplifier trouble
09.02.13 10:23
Hello Baard

You have only one preamp board (the large one). The two small boards which you have swapped are the driver boards.

The voltage regulator is a very common type and is still produced by many producers. You can use any * 7824 * with at least 1A or more.

You should only try to repair the amplifier if you have good knowledge of electronics. Otherwise, it is better that you have it repaired by a qualified technician.

Best regards - charly49
09.02.13 12:55
I meant that I have two separate preamp boards (one spare), that I tried interchanging with no luck. So I guess the problem could be with the voltage regulator? Or have I missed any other problem areas? When sound is cranked up to a max, I can hear vague distorted sound coming from the top speakers. But it is so low, I have to keep my ear as close as possible to the speaker. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
09.02.13 14:14
Hello Baard

The voltage regulator should have an output voltage of 24VDC. If that is present, the voltage regulator is okay. If the voltage is missing or significantly different, it could be the cause. If the voltage is correct, the fault is likely to be found on the preamp board. This is not easy.There are too many possibilities to list them all. I don't know if you have electronics knowledge. If not, you should really give the amp for repair to an expert. Working without the necessary knowledge can destroy additional expensive components.

Best regards - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in