Correct Interface For A Wrd Wallbox

geschrieben von - posted by rpucci 
Correct Interface For A Wrd Wallbox
31.10.12 18:12
Hi

I have a WRD wallbox with an interface part number 04-06372-03.On the interface it says for a wrd wallbox,but when I hook it up there no communication between the wallbox and jukebox.Nothing happens.

I have a Rowe R-86 jukebox which I'm trying to use the jukebox with.The R-86 manual says a interface part number 2-66965-01 should be used.Can someone tell me the correct one and where I might get a hold of one.Thanks

Bob
Re: Correct Interface For A Wrd Wallbox
31.10.12 23:48
Hello Bob

The WRD wallbox came along with the R-80. For the R-80 (and also for the following models R-81, R-82 and R-83), no interface was necessary. With the R-84, a new electronics came (the large Central Control Computer) and the wallette was no longer to connect directly to this and all later models. For connecting an interface 2-66965-01 is needed. There is also an interface (2-66965-02), which allows the connection of older wall boxes (WRA, WRC and possibly WQ or Seeburg wall boxes). These interfaces were for the models to R-88. From the model R-89, and later was the interface 6-09843-01 for wallbox connection required.

I can not find any information about your interface 04-06372-03 in my files. Are you sure that it is a wallbox interface?

Best regards - charly49

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.11.12 08:22.
01.11.12 16:26
Hi Charly49

thanks for getting back to me. It says for a WRD wallbox on the interface.I've tried to post pictures of it,but it won't let me.The file size is to big and I don't know how to reduce it.

Regards

Bob
01.11.12 17:02
Hi Charly49

Let's try again.Pictures

02.11.12 09:47
Hello Bob

It actually seems to be a wallbox interface. The numbering system of RoweAMI is sometimes a little difficult to understand. It is possible that the spare part number listed in the manual is for an interface kit (including cables and mounting hardware and others), the interface itself but has a completely different part number.

The manual contains no further information about the interface. These are usually supplied with the interface kit. Unfortunately, I have no additional manual for the interface (and also not for the WRD Wallette). Maybe someone else can help.

Best regards - charly49
02.11.12 13:14
Hello Bob and Charly49,

on the interface I can read MHG. So my guess is that this is not a Rowe interface but made by the British company MGH ("Music Hire Group" if I know right).

I don't have any further information about their interfaces for use with wallboxes from other brands.

Maybe Alan (ami-man) can shed any light into this. But there is a show in England this weekend so please be patient.

Hildegard

02.11.12 14:04
Hi Hildegard and Charly49

I did buy this interface from ami-man (Alan) and he told me how to hook it up,but it doesn't comunicate with the jukebox.The wallbox lights up and you can select a record,nothing happens.

The wallbox has nine terminals while the interface has five.I can send pictures of the hook-up and inside of the wallbox if you like.Thanks

Bob
03.11.12 08:07
Hello Bob

The remaining four terminals are for the speakers.

The speakers will only be switched on if a selection is made at the wallette. They remain active as long as records are played. Only if all selections were played and the jukebox comes to a stop, the speakers are turned off. Then, when the jukebox starts to play again, the speakers may be switched on again by reselecting. For this function, there is a relay in the wallette that switches the speakers. One of the five leads is probably for the holding circuit of the relay.

Best regards - charly49
03.11.12 16:22
Hi Charly49

Thanks for all the information you have given me.Since the wallbox can't communicate with the jukebox,should I assume that the interface I have is not the right one and I should be on the look out for interface number 2-66965-01?Thanks

Regards

Bob
03.11.12 19:59
Hello Bob

I think if Alan says that the interface fits into your jukebox, it should actually work. Alan knows the interface and probably he has accurate documents for that. I guess he will help you when the show is over in Chessington. I would suggest you wait so long.

Best regards - charly49
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in