Rockola 432

geschrieben von - posted by seancalla 
Rockola 432
10.10.12 14:42
Hi
I have a rockola 432 which works ok except that the record basket seems to be out of alignment with the wobble plate-read out arm, for example the first record which is A1, when this is selected the basket will stop at the next record which is C1 and this mainly continues nearly the whole way up the list of records which would be ok except that in certain instances the the alignment is such that the gripper arm tries to grab between the records and select nothing at all. I know that the read out arm can be adjusted but this only will adjust within each record compartment and will not make up the space between two record compartments. The home position of the gripper arm presently is about a third of the way in the gap between the last record and first record compartment if you get my meaning, i can post a photo later on, have never come accross this before on a Rockola. Does anybody know any adjustments that can be made to rectify this
regards
seancalla
Re: Rockola 432
10.10.12 15:28
There is an adjustment screw on the read out arm. The same problem can occur, if the dynamic braking of the motor does not work. The reason for this can be a dirty interlock relay.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 10.10.12 22:00.

10.10.12 15:55
Hi
Thanks for the reply, i have tried the adjustment screw but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, while it can be just about adjusted so that the first record A1 is grabbed by the gripper, it puts the alignment out further on in the record basket, and after a couple of tries at record A1, the basket starts to revert back towards record C1(second record compartment in the basket). The basket visually comes to a halt like it should, i am only presuming that the interlock relay is ok as it carries out all of the other functions
regards
seancalla
10.10.12 22:00
It's just one contact. It short circuits the motor, bringing it to a very quick stop. If only the voltage to the motor is switched off, the motor stops, but rotates a tiny bit further.
If you have the manual, see "Sequence No.5 - record indexed".
10.10.12 22:19
Hello seancalla

If I understand correctly, the magazine no longer stops at the correct position at higher numbers (eg A5), if you make the correct setting for number A1. In this case, I would suspect that the separators are bent. If it is so, you should make the setting at a higher number. then You should select A1 and let search. As soon as the magazine stops, you turn off the service switch. Now you can bend the separators for this record (and the next, as far as necessary) so that the gripper bow is positioned exactly between the separators.

Best regards - charly49
10.10.12 23:10
thanks, I'll check out the contact on the interlock relay and give it a clean, and try bending the seperators, they are fairly pliable
regards
seancalla
13.10.12 23:30
Hi
I cleaned all of the relays in the control box, and i started to adjust the record slots so that they would align with the gripper arm, seems to work ok but now the 1.6 amp fuse is blowing fairly frequently, but i wonder--the power supply puts out 28 volt dc for the motors, but i notice that the magazine and gripper motors are marked 22 volt dc, would this possibly interfere with the braking of the magazine motor and also would the gripper arm motor (which has a specification of 22 volts ) when it receives 28 volts from the power supply result in the fuse blowing. I have tried a few motors all rated at 22 volt dc, the fuse keeps blowing at the stage when the record has been placed on the turntable (micro switch no 2 has been released at this stage ) and the machine stalls at this stage. If a suitable resistor was put on the 28 volt power supply or on each motor, would this solve this
regards
seancalla
14.10.12 08:49
Hello seancalla

I dont think the motor is the cause of the blown fuse. These motors are used in hundreds of devices and work perfectly. Even though they are apparently specified for a lower voltage, the power consumption should not be higher than about 0.5 amps (at idle) to 1 amp (at full power). As soon as microswitch # 2 switches over, the power consumption is further reduced because a 15 ohm resistor is connected in series.

Micro switch # 2 switches not only the 15 ohm resistor in series, but he also activates the Selection Lever Reset Coil. I suspect that one of these coils (or both) is burned. That would explain why the fuse blows when the microswitch switches over. It would also be possible that a short circuit exists in the wiring to the coils.

Best regards - charly49
14.10.12 10:03
Hi
thanks for that, the 15 ohm resistor is reading about 15.1, i'll check out the coils and hopefully its just one of them or the wiring to the coils, and get back to you
regards
seancalla
15.10.12 18:50
Hi
I think i have found the problem, the coil resistance was fine but where the read out is attached to the wobble, there is a nut and bolt, the nut was a large one and at certain times depending where the arm stopped the rim of the bolt was touching the inner track and perhaps causing the short circuit, (i hope), the fuse hasn't blown since, thanks for all your help
regards
seancalla
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in