NSM Prestige II

geschrieben von - posted by dghup 
NSM Prestige II
13.08.12 18:40
Hi

New to this forum. Looking for help with my NSM Prestige II. It has the Ortofon System in the carriage. The carriage worked perfectly while scanning from right to left. However, when it reaches the left end the cap stand motor reverses (indicating the switch is working) but, the carriage justs keeps bouncing off the left hand end and will not scan left to right to make "B Side" record selections. (Oddly enough, it did perform correctly for about 30 records, then resumed bouncing off the left end.)

You can shut the machine off, manual return the carriage to the right side and again make "A Side record selections that will be made, then when it reaches the left end it once again resumes the bouncing without reversing the direction of travel, even though the cap stand motor did reverse?

Any guidance in resolving this isssue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Darrell
Re: NSM Prestige II
14.08.12 07:07
Hello Darrell,

It is always helpful to look inside the manual, I hope you have one ?
are you shure, that motor reverses the direction ?
Please check if there is no lever stuck because of resinified oil ... in some cases the end switches may be damaged.

Pls let me know if you need further assistance

Cheers Kai
14.08.12 14:31
Kai

I can visually see the motor reverse its direction. The manual trouble shooting flow chart merely says carriage failure, with no mention of what to look for or how to fix whatever is wrong. From what I can see the same lever changes the direction of the carriage and that lever is free and does in fact work as intended as shown when it did play about 30 records and reverse in both directions properly.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Darrell
09.09.12 03:41
My friend Mark repaired cold solder joints on the printed circuit board that rides underneath the carriage and the carriage now works like new!

Thanks for your ideas
Darrell
09.09.12 06:14
Hey Darell ... that's a surprise to me ( maybe not to the others here ;o) )

Thanks for your reply

Kai
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in