Wurlitzer CD One More Time 1015 - Paint problem

geschrieben von - posted by stricko 
Wurlitzer CD One More Time 1015 - Paint problem
04.01.12 14:49
Hi there, I have a Wurlitzer CD1015, approx 15 years old. One of the bubble/oil tubes has exploded and sprayed the coloured oil inside the jukebox. The oil has splashed onto the inside surface of one of the transparent plastic panels which fit around the bubble tubes. These are painted on the inside and the oil has damaged the painted surface.

Replacement panels are VERY expensive!!!!

Before I buy a new panel, can the panel be repaired? What sort of paint is used on the original panel? Can it be removed? Is it possible to respray the panel (after masking off the non-painted sections)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Paul Strickland

Re: Wurlitzer CD One More Time 1015 - Paint problem
04.01.12 17:09

hallo

the tube exploded? can you tell me how this can happen?

I notice the always when the tube starts it makes a click noise and the tube moves a little bit.

for the plastics

i don't think that you can spray it without that you see a difference.

you must use the same color and the same thickness, otherwise the light effect is different.

sounds like many work sad smiley

would buy this 1 pice new, the box is it worth

tom
04.01.12 17:21
One day, when the box had been running for at hour or two, there was a loud bang, and the top of a straight bubble tube just shattered. Luckily most of the oil sprayed outwards, towards the outer plastic panel. A small amount went upwards and there are some small spots on the curved upper plastic panel, but I can live with those.

I was not going to try to spray over the exsitong colour, becasuse, as you rightly say, the light effetct would be different. There is a lot of oil damage, which is like a river map, or leaf vein pattern over approx 50% of the painted surface.

I had hoped to remove all of the original paint, and the oil stain, and then respray the whole panel. (the non painted stripes could be easilty masked out). If it goes wrong, then no problem, I still buy one new panel.
04.01.12 17:35
i understand you

but i think when you removed the original color

it will be hard to find the same color like the original and if you can spray it 100% without dust and without different quantity of color

you need 1 of the long plastics, i don't know how much they are 50-100 euro ?

tom
04.01.12 18:04
Havn't checked yet, but I had to replace one a few years back (party accdent,,,,,) and from memory it was more like €150. I also need a new bubble tube, which I think is about the same price.......
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in