1959 AMI 200 play

geschrieben von - posted by Phil 
1959 AMI 200 play
16.02.11 19:42
Hi, I have recently purchased a 1959 AMI which does not select the correct records, I know very little about the workings and would appreciate any help on how to go about setting it up correctly and what could be making this happen.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Phil
Re: 1959 AMI 200 play
16.02.11 22:47
Hello!
Which Type of Ami is it?
It is not so easy to help you without the right Type.
mfg Willi!
17.02.11 07:34
Hi,

Sorry hadn't realized there where a few different models in 1959, It is JAJ 200 electric selection.

Phil
17.02.11 08:20
Hello Phil,

1959 came the model "J". The selection system in this model is fairly complicated and you will need a service manual, in order to work on it. You can get a manual here in the shop [ssl.kundenserver.de] . It is not cheap, but it will help you to learn, how your jukebox works and you will need it always, if you have some trouble. It contains also a description, how the selection system is to be adjusted. If you don't understand some parts, feel free to ask, we will try to explain it.

Best regards - charly49
17.02.11 08:26
Ok, thanks. I ordered one online yesterday with some micra switches as somebody else told me they can cause some problems.
17.02.11 10:53
Hello Phil,

It is good to have the spare micro switches, but I would not change any unless you have to. I have been repairing Rowe Ami jukeboxes since 1980 and have never had to replace a switch up to date.

My advice to you is wear out those pages on that manual before you dive in and adjust a thing.
Once you have taken in the concept of how the jukebox works, check all of the adjustments in the manual with your jukebox.
Look for signs of wear on the gears, clean off any old oil and grease and lubricate as per the manual but sparingly.

You will need to check the mains and 110-115 volt wiring and replace if brittal or perished. The low voltage wiring should be fine.
There may be issues with the cholks (balasts) these will be 110/115 volt and so will be the starters. You will be able to purchase these off the Stamann site together with parts such as the idler wheel, mechanism belt etc.

Please let us know how you get on with your project.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

17.02.11 19:53
OK Thanks all for the advise, it seems to play fine apart from the selection issue and a bit of a hum through the speaker.

hopefully i can make some sense of the manual and rest selection problems.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in