Penny Phono question. Desperate!!

geschrieben von - posted by rpwillys 
Penny Phono question. Desperate!!
10.09.10 02:39
Hi Everyone, I am restoring a 1939 Penny Phono made by CinemaTone. This is the model that is two pieces,the base and the mech sits on top the base. Not the one piece cabinet. The one piece cabinet has a slightly different amp. My question is on the amplifier I am trying to find out what tubes it is supposed to have. This amp has all 4 pin tubes but one. Maybe someone has a schematic? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks much! Best, Rick
Re: Penny Phono question. Desperate!!
10.09.10 09:39
Hello Rick,

There are some pictures of these jukeboxes in the Archive section of this site that show the amplifier, it looks typical of the era very similar to the ones used in Ami and Rock Ola of this period.

If I find anything out re this amplifier I will contact you.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
alan-hood@datex.co.uk
10.09.10 10:12
Hello Rick,

There is one of these jukeboxes on Ebay for sale, Item number: 300393454334 and a publication/manual, Item number 170538143086.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
10.09.10 23:27
Thanks for the replies! I've checked out the Penny Phono on Ebay and it has the different amp. As it has the one piece cabinet. And the fellow with the brocure claims he has works on many buy is not willing to give me any info.....Oh also I contacted Bill Butterfield in California as he has a few of these units. His are all the one piece cabinet and different amp!
Thanks for any help! And thanks much Alan!! I can send you a picture of the amp if you like? The Penny Phono was very nice unmolested and the amp is original. Just super tough when there is NO info or schematics and such! Must be very rare little Juke? Thanks again! Best, Rick
13.09.10 09:22
Hello Rick,

Yes please send me some pictures so I can see what we are talking about.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
alan-hood@datex.co.uk
14.09.10 00:55
Thanks everybody for trying to help me,but I did figure this thing out! The one missing tube was a UTAH Relay. Really not a tube but looks like one and plugged in to a tube socket and has four pins exacly like a old four pin tube. The other tubes were 5Y4,6F6,6F6 and 6SK7. So thanks much!!

Best, Rick
14.09.10 10:26
Hello Rick,

Glad to see that you have solved your problem, I would still like pictures of your amplifier if I could.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
15.09.10 18:01
Hello Rick,

I also would be interested in seeing some photos of the amp - and also of the Penny Phono iteself. In our archive we show some models - but I guess they are all the one piece cabinet, right? [www.jukebox-world.de]

Photos of another version would be a great addition.

Kind regards - Hildegard
15.09.10 22:52
HI Hildegard, Let me know what e-mail address I can send them to? I still have to put the front glass back in the Juke then I'll send you some good pictures! Thanks, Rick
16.09.10 05:29
Thanks in advance, Rick.
My email address is stamann@jukebox-world.de.

Regards - Hildegard
19.09.10 21:47
Hello to every interested reader of this thread:

Rick did send some photos of his rare Penny Phono two pieces cabinet version:
[www.jukebox-world.de]

A quite rare unit - especially over here in Europe!

Thank you, Rick.

Kind regards - Hildegard
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in