NSM Prestige 160 B II DB200 & 70S

geschrieben von - posted by _) (V) (-) 
NSM Prestige 160 B II DB200 & 70S
07.10.08 16:06
Hello,

I am new member here at forums. I live in USA and this is my first jukebox. It seems no repairmen here will work on this type of machine.

Hope to find someone with knowledge of NSM 70S amplifiers who can help me with problems my jukebox is experiencing.

Hoping too that someone can read my English, because my Deutsch is even worse.
(Hoffen auch, dass jemand mein Englisch lesen kann, weil mein Deutsch sogar schlimmer ist.)

I am having problems with keramik DB200 cartridge, one channel is dead (no signal) other one is dying. (bad sound quality)

Is there anyone who knows a suitable replacement cartridge with double side needles that will fit same space?
(Gibt es jemand, der eine passende Ersetzungspatrone mit Doppeln Seitennadeln kennt, die gleichem Platz passen werden? )

Also, is it possible to remove power to 70S amplifier (verstarker) and keep power to record changer mechanism functional? There seems to be a relay that powers on amp when needle touches record, then off when record is over. I'd like to bypass this circuit so changer auto will function independently.

(Ich möchte Elektrizität zu Verstärker herausnehmen und behält Elektrizität, Wechsler unversehrt aufzuzeichnen.)

Sorry for bad translations.
Ciao
_)
Re: NSM Prestige 160 DB200 & 70S
17.10.08 00:12
Hola Amigos

Does anyone here know how to find equilivent replacement power transistors for these?
RCA 2N3055
RCA 40361
RCA 40362

Is there website I can buy from?

!Mucho Gracias!
_)

B&K
Re: NSM Prestige 160 B II DB200 & 70S
17.10.08 06:51
Hi !

All of these transistors are still everywhere available !
The old guy 2N3055 is a standard NF-NPN-Power Transistor !
You may use for 40361 >>> NPN SI >>> BC141 or BD139 (different figure)
and for 40362 >>> PNP SI >>> BC161 or BD140 (different figure)

Regards
Klaus
17.10.08 07:34
Hello _)

The parts should be easy to get in USA. The 2N3055 is a very common type and each electronic shop should have it in stock. For the other part are NTE or ECG - replacement parts available, for example here [www.moyerelectronics.com] .

To order click first on "NTE Cross reference" and enter "40361". The next window will show you the equivalent NTE part number (NTE128). Then click on "NTE Price Search" and enter the NTE part number "128". In the next window you can find the price ($ 2,17) and a "BUY" - button to order the part. I hope, this will help you.

Greetings from Austria - charly49
18.10.08 00:35
This is perfect, many thanks!

I know the big transistors is shorted.
Is there any other parts that commonly burn out too when these get hot?
Like capacitor or diodes?
19.04.09 13:52
Just an update on my progress.

The verstarker, it lives!!!

Still only have sound from one channel.

Wanted to 'swap' (trade) audio signal from left to right to test cartridge output.

I was looking into cable end plug (from pick up) where I find resistor across Left & Right signal wires.
Is this normal? I do not see this part in schematic.

When I swap wires, no change in signal. maybe pick up is good?

In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in