External amplifier

geschrieben von - posted by furir 
External amplifier
14.02.09 08:52
I have a marantz SR4200 receiver and I also have a Seeburg E100-77D, my question is if it's possible to connect the jukebox to the receiver?

Roger.
Re: External amplifier
14.02.09 09:31
It is possible to connect an external amplifier to a jukebox, but in most cases not without some modifications to the jukebox itself. You need to find a point where you have access to the audio signal. This can be the input of the volume control, the output of the preamplifier or something like that. A point directly before the volume control ist good because there you will find a constant audio level. You may also have to add a muting circuit to the output that goes to the external amplifier, depending on the part of the circuit where the muting of the jukebox amplifier is located. Otherwise you would hear the loud noise of the needle moving over the brush, or the popping sound when the needle lands on the record.
A direct connection of the pickup to your amplifier is not possible because your amplifier has no phono input, like most modern receivers. There are external preamps available for amplifiers like yours, but with the modified jukebox you can use both amplifiers, internal and external at the same time.
14.02.09 09:40
So what you are saying is that I can't use the cables that goes in to the jukes amplifier and connect them to my external amplifier?
14.02.09 09:51
furir schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what you are saying is that I can't use the
> cables that goes in to the jukes amplifier and
> connect them to my external amplifier?

14.02.09 12:47
No, if these are the cables coming directly from the record players pickup you can't connect them directly to your amplifier because it doesn't have a phono input. You will have to modify the amplifier in the jukebox and add an output or you will have to use an external preamp.
The output signal from an record player with a magnetic pickup ist much lower than the signal from a cd-player or a tapedeck. Therefore you need a preamplifier or an amplifier with a dedicated phono input that can be found on older amplifiers or some new units, mostly in the upper price range.
Jukebox amplifiers are different to normal amplifiers. The've got the muting circuit mentioned above that mutes unwanted noise if no record ist playing and the've got an automatic volume control that turns the volume up on silent records and down on loud records so that the volume level is always the same.
14.02.09 13:52
Thank you for your answers, I talked to a guy that have had my amp. and done some service on it and I asked him the same question when I picked it up today. He said the same as you did to connect the cable to the volumecontrol, and in this particular case it was to be connected to pin 6 and 8. see picture.

14.02.09 13:58
furir schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for your answers, I talked to a guy that
> have had my amp. and done some service on it and I
> asked him the same question when I picked it up
> today. He said the same as you did to connect the
> cable to the volumecontrol, and in this particular
> case it was to be connected to pin 6 and 8 and grounded on pin 1. see
> picture.

14.02.09 14:45
Yes, pin 6 is the right channel, pin 8 is the left channel and 1 is ground.
In diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Mitglieder schreiben.
Zum Einloggen oder Registrieren folgen Sie LogIn - Registration.

Sorry, only registered user may post in this forum.
To login or getting registered please follow LogIn - Registration.

Klicken Sie hier, um sich einzuloggen - Click here to log in